a hard time connecting

I have a Linksys WRT54G Router, and when I try to connect, by Choosing
a Wireless Network, select my home one, add key and attempt to connect
it takes forever. I just wait and wait. Sometimes it can take well
over an hour, other times (once) it connects immediately. I haven't
changed any default settings since setting up. Is there anything I can
do to ensure connection straight awat. Oh yeh, Signal Strenght is
excellent.
Cheers,
Lisa

PreferACuddle wrote:

> I have a Linksys WRT54G Router, and when I try to connect, by Choosing
> a Wireless Network, select my home one, add key and attempt to connect
> it takes forever. I just wait and wait. Sometimes it can take well
> over an hour, other times (once) it connects immediately. I haven't
> changed any default settings since setting up. Is there anything I can
> do to ensure connection straight awat. Oh yeh, Signal Strenght is
> excellent.
> Cheers,
> Lisa

It's can't be the MAC filter if you are able to conenct at all.

Maybe there's an second WLAN with the same SSID in your neighborhood. That's
a common problem when using the factory default setting.
In that case your client tries to connect to the other access point, which
will not let him in.

You may change the SSID of you WLAN and try again.

Thomas

P.S.: Nice name! ;-)