A+, MSCE preparation?!

Hi
I am planning to take A+ test and MSCE test as well. I am planning to
teach myself computer stuff, of course with help of good people like
here but not to go to school.. Do you recomend any website/books etc
that I should read before the exame.. do you have any other advice? I
would apprciate very much your help in advanced. Take care.

educationdirect offers an awesome A+ Prep course. As for the MCSE, that is
actually a title given if you complete about a half a million exams.

Good Luck!!!

"esara" <esara123@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi
> I am planning to take A+ test and MSCE test as well. I am planning to
> teach myself computer stuff, of course with help of good people like
> here but not to go to school.. Do you recomend any website/books etc
> that I should read before the exame.. do you have any other advice? I
> would apprciate very much your help in advanced. Take care.

On Fri, 16 Apr 2004 18:15:09 +0000, Donald McMorris - Ospitare
International wrote:

> As for the MCSE, that is actually a title given if you complete about a
> half a million exams.

I know, I know... hyperbole and all that...

But it's really only 7, not 500,000 ;)

http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcse/windows2003/

--
Lenroc

yea yea yea,

Well, 7 exams for MS shiznittie is gonna cost about half a million!

Well, more accurately probably a couple grand.

Will you sponsor my exams?

--Don

"Lenroc" <lenroc@NOSPAMFORYOU.hotmail.com> wrote in message
> On Fri, 16 Apr 2004 18:15:09 +0000, Donald McMorris - Ospitare
> International wrote:
>
> > As for the MCSE, that is actually a title given if you complete about a
> > half a million exams.
>
> I know, I know... hyperbole and all that...
>
> But it's really only 7, not 500,000 ;)
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcse/windows2003/
>
> --
> Lenroc

On Sun, 18 Apr 2004 04:08:21 +0000, Donald McMorris - Ospitare
International wrote:

> Well, 7 exams for MS shiznittie is gonna cost about half a million!
>
> Well, more accurately probably a couple grand.

That's probably true... don't really know.

> Will you sponsor my exams?

Sure... if you'll sponsor mine and my wife's ;)

--
Lenroc

> Hi
> I am planning to take A+ test and MSCE test as well. I am planning to
> teach myself computer stuff, of course with help of good people like
> here but not to go to school.. Do you recomend any website/books etc
> that I should read before the exame.. do you have any other advice? I
> would apprciate very much your help in advanced. Take care.

The Dummies range of books are a good start for the A+ (which is two exams).
link to Amazon http://tinyurl.com/3ef9g

Otherwise try to get books with CDs of test questions in them. Ebay can be a
cheap source of secondhand books, just don't buy books for the Windows NT
exams as they are no good for the MCSE as it is all 2000 and XP based, check
which exam number the book covers before you bid.

Get a cheap second PC then do the following steps:
1. Take anti static precaution
2. Remove all components
3. Put them all back
4. Partition and Format hard disk
5. Install windows (any flavour)
6. Format Hard disk
7. Goto step 2.

Repeat the above steps a few times, especially steps 4, 5 & 6. If you have
access to a Linux disk have a go at installing that too.

Hands on experience is best.

Know the standard IRQ numbers, you WILL be tested on them at least twice in
the A+ exam, and in most of the Microsoft ones too.

Good luck

Adam S

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts