a non-UEFI bios graphic card

azmeljemel

Commendable
Feb 6, 2017
Hello,

Can someone tell me which gpu that doesn't require a uefi bios?

I wan to upgrade my gpu desktop with this specs:
HP Pavilion p6720de i5-2500 QuadCore 3,3 GHz, 8GB Ram,
1 TB Festplatte, VGA Sapphire Radeon 6570 passiv, (1GB, DVI, VGA, HDMI), interner Kartenleser, DVD Brenner.

Thank you in advance

Solution
that's not true and what he asks is valid if you don't have a full uefi bios on a older motherboard todays newer cards may not work or be compatible

see it here all the time a old board with a legacy bios may not work with a lot of todays new cards and may only accept like a NVidia 600 series or below even like a 750 ti that use to work well today manufactured 750ti's may not [older ones had a switch to select legacy or uefi use ]

and he got a HP too boot?? then that is a big issue with them on a lot of there models

just to add from HP on a like same model

''But the PC you have is already tested for the ideal hardware configuration and hence HP never recommends any upgrade/downgrade of the...

azmeljemel

Commendable
Feb 6, 2017

So...which gpu can i buy to upgrade my current gpu?
Because my motherboard doesn't support a graphic card that requires an uefi..
It can only support the graphic card with legacy bios..

where are you getting that information from? normally as long as your motherboard has a PCI-E slot and not an older connection like AGP or PCI then it will work

that's not true and what he asks is valid if you don't have a full uefi bios on a older motherboard todays newer cards may not work or be compatible

see it here all the time a old board with a legacy bios may not work with a lot of todays new cards and may only accept like a NVidia 600 series or below even like a 750 ti that use to work well today manufactured 750ti's may not [older ones had a switch to select legacy or uefi use ]

and he got a HP too boot?? then that is a big issue with them on a lot of there models

just to add from HP on a like same model

''But the PC you have is already tested for the ideal hardware configuration and hence HP never recommends any upgrade/downgrade of the hardware/software on the PC.

If you still wish to do so, then it will be your sole discretion''

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Please-provide-graphic-card-list-supported-to-HP-desktop/m-p/5975673/highlight/true#M140924

just like I say from this disclaimer I use on this prebuilts deal '' in the end any upgrade you do is all your own risk . the prebuilt manufactures only guarantees there computers work as sold to you as is out of the box from there factory with what they put on it , not a drop more ''

some models of store bought computers [dell.hp,acer,ect..] may come with a ''locked or fixed'' bios and may not allow you to change certain hardware as a video card.. this is done to protect them from undue warranty claims and refunds .this is not done to hurt you but to protect them. you really need to see if that upgrade has been proven to work in your model first before you invest money in it .. there are a lot of these threads here at toms to look at some models will allow upgrades and some dont.. and a lot of guys here say ya ya ya when is really no no no...it would be sad you spent $200 on a card that wount post after you installed it as most find out. then get told its your psu and you spend more and end up right back where you are now, but its up to you good luck..

you got to know the the boards in these computers are not like the ones we use to do custom builds witch are open to upgrading with in the boards compatibly . the bios is custom made for there design and just for the parts they authorize to be used on there computers there only guaranteed to work as is out of the box as you bought it ,..

also these boards do not have to meet atx standards and there pci-e slot power may not do the required 75w needed for most higher end cards and can be limited to say 45 or 60w that is all thats needed with the low end factory oem cards that it may of shipped with

in the end any upgrade you do is all your own risk . the prebuilt manufactures only guarantees there computers work as sold to you as is out of the box from there factory with what they put on it , not a drop more

there in busness to sell you whole ready to go computers , and dont worry about you upgrading them or giving you support to do so . thats not how they make there money they prefer you run to wal-mart and buy there ''better'' latest models

Solution
I've seen people use RX 460s on legacy bios systems, but Nvidia 10xx series cards seem to have issues. I think the newest Nvidia cards that are guaranteed to work with a legacy bios is the GTX 6xx series. So I suggest AMD RX 460 out of the new cards. The problem with older cards you might want to buy is they tend to use more power. The last thing you want is a power hungry card since you have an HP and they aren't known for including PSUs with extra power for upgrades.

I see you don't get it at all

anyway good luck

from a hp guy from there forums

Your explanation may be plausible for non-HP consumer motherboards with UEFI enabled graphics cards but not for most if not all all HP consumer motherboards. There have been many GTX 7xx posts out here and these cards will only work in HP consumer PCs with full UEFI BIOS. I have first hand experience with a leading GTX 7xx graphics card manufacturer that an UEFI video BIOS update to the card would cause it to not boot using a motherboard (non-HP for example) that didn't have full UEFI BIOS.

As far as the new AMD R9 cards, some are UEFI enabled and some are not.

in the end you buy , you try , and hope it don't make you cry and you do as you feel is best for you

as I said

''the prebuilt manufactures only guarantees there computers work as sold to you as is out of the box from there factory with what they put on it , not a drop more ''

nileshpathre2

Prominent
Oct 10, 2017
all non-uefi graphic cards

NVIDIA TITAN Xp (new!)
NVIDIA TITAN X
GeForce GTX 1080 Ti
GeForce GTX 1080
GeForce GTX 1070
GeForce GTX 1060
GeForce GTX 1050
GeForce GTX TITAN X
GeForce GTX 980 Ti
GeForce GTX 980
GeForce GTX 970
GeForce GTX 960
GeForce GTX 950
GeForce GT 1030 (new!)
GeForce GT 730
GeForce GT 710

Petar_10

Commendable
Feb 11, 2017

Dude i have an msi AM2 mobo with nForce 405 chip set and athlone64 gt710 doesnt work (it doesnt reconise that there is anything plugged in)
then i bought the r7 240 from msi low profile and it booted

sal_rc

Reputable
Jul 30, 2015
I have a Asus M4A78 board and I have been using 750ti with it for about 2 years but a few weeks ago the system won't boot.
It would get stuck at the BIOS screen but if I plug in an older card or use motherboard display port it'd boot
After doing some research I found that some had same problem and it solved after updating their BIOS.
My BIOS is already updated,so can this be a uefi and non uefi compatibility issue?