A part of every window is unresponsive

Simplici7y

Honorable
Jul 14, 2013
[strike]Before, when I had 8 tabs open, I could move Chromes windows by holding it just left of the Minimize - however, now that part of the window became unresponsive. I can't minimize-maximize by double clicking, I can't move the window...[/strike]

Since it is maybe hard to explain, here is a gif which should help you see what part is that and how it (doesn't) work.
http://i.imgur.com/oGR6KDD.gif

EDIT: So I just realized that I have the same problem on every window, not just chrome, which makes it a general problem (not tied to Chrome).

Hopefully someone has an idea of what is this about. Thanks

ldewitt

Distinguished
Sep 27, 2013
That is indeed strange. What happends if you only have 7 or less tabs open is that same spot unresponsive? I would suggest reinstalling chrome or even a off-sprite of chrome called Iron(what i use) Same interface and look without all googles tracking bullsh**.
If interested heres a link: http://www.srware.net/en/software_srware_iron_download.php

Otherwise if you like chrome I would uninstall it then reinstall it and see if that fixes your problem.

Simplici7y

Honorable
Jul 14, 2013

I just reinstalled and it stayed the same - then it hit me: it's the same thing with every window! It's not just chrome, every window is unresponsive on that spot!

ldewitt

Distinguished
Sep 27, 2013
WOW got even stranger! Anyways do you think you've picked up any malware or viruses that could cause this? I'm not sure what kind of virus protection you use but i'd suggest(if you haven't done already) Use the free version of malwarebytes at www.malwarebytes.org and see if a virus is causing this unusual error. Otherwise i've backed myself in a corner and don't have a clue why your windows is doing this. If that doesn't fix it, i suggest doing a system restore to a spot in time when you remember it wasn't doing that. Otherwise if it bothers you bad, last case scenario you can re-install windows 7.

Simplici7y

Honorable
Jul 14, 2013

I usually use MSE. I scanned (full scan) my computer and removed some "junk" (although nothing seemed serious), but after restart computer is doing the same (note - I did scan with Malwarebytes as well as MSE).
I guess system restore is my final option..reinstalling would be a real pain.

Simplici7y

Honorable
Jul 14, 2013
I've scanned my computer multiple times and I'm sure it isn't a virus. Unfortunately I don't have a System Restore before 26th December so that is out of the question too.

This really annoys me yet I have no idea how to fix it. And reinstalling Windows would be a real pain

Simplici7y

Honorable
Jul 14, 2013
I'm just digging this thread up because after 8 months I've finally had enough with my computer acting all strange, and I reinstalled Windows. Guess what? This part of the window still doesn't work and it's annoying the hell out of me! I'm really considering going for W8 but I'm baffled by this unexplainable phenomenon. If anyone has any idea how to fix this I'd be glad to try something out, since installing Windows anew didn't do anything.