Question A pc case Mid-Tower

Mar 12, 2024
Looking into rebuilding my desktop. The Mid-Tower that i have is just too bulky looking just the way the outside plastic looks.
Looking at Amazon or Newegg, i see all them gaming pc cases don't have any drive bays.
I don't hardly use my dvd drive, every once in awhile i would use the DVD drive to rip a cd or a dvd or burn a video or MP3 to a cd and dvd.
So, can i just get a gaming pc case https://www.amazon.com/s?k=pc+caes&ref=nb_sb_noss and get a usb external dvd/cd rewriter when i'm planning on ripping a cd or dvd or burning a file to a cd or dvd.

can i just get a gaming pc case https://www.amazon.com/s?k=pc+caes&ref=nb_sb_noss and get a usb external dvd/cd rewriter when i'm planning on ripping a cd or dvd or burning a file to a cd or dvd.

I don't see why not.

Not familiar with that 4000D, but I think I've read decent things about it.

Read as many reviews as you can, looking for issues. Do you need a tempered glass side panel?

Not easy finding smallish cases. Most cases are at least 17 inches in at least 1 dimension.

You need to confirm that your case is wide enough to accept your CPU cooler.

Mar 12, 2024
I don't see why not.

Not familiar with that 4000D, but I think I've read decent things about it.

Read as many reviews as you can, looking for issues. Do you need a tempered glass side panel?

Not easy finding smallish cases. Most cases are at least 17 inches in at least 1 dimension.

You need to confirm that your case is wide enough to accept your CPU cooler.
It's not one on that page link, I just put the link there for an example. Just one that i can plug the usb drive in when ripping or burning a disc.

35below0

Respectable
Jan 3, 2024
Just one that i can plug the usb drive in when ripping or burning a disc.
Because most cases will have a port, the only question is the speed.
Also, the motherboard I/O panel will have ports.
Check the speed of your external disc drive and make sure the motherboard has a port OR header that is as fast or faster. In case of a header, the case will also need to have a matching port. Otherwise the pc case doesn't matter.

You can use PcPartPicker to filter to cases with optical drive bays if you want a 5.25" optical drive.

You can install a USB/card reader panel into a 5.25" drive bay if you need more ports, but it's probably more convenient to buy a case with enough ports.

One decent case that has an ODD bay, decent venticaltion and comes with fans is the Fractal Design Focus G.
It doesn't have many USB ports though, and no C type.
Phanteks Enthoo Pro is even better, and it has more ports. Still no USB C type though.

If you don't want an internal ODD bay, look for cases with fast ports that also appeal to you. Or ignore case ports entirely and use the motherboard USB ports.
The Fractal Design North has 2 3.0 A type ports and a single 3.1 Gen 2 C type USB. It's a very nice case to work with with lots of airflow and room. I just wish it had cable hooks/guides on the rear of the case.

TRENDING THREADS