I upgraded my build which was a

Ryzen 1600 (upgraded now to 3800x)

x470 gaming 7 wifi

3400 c16 ram

GTX 1070 TI

and an HP Ex900 as boot drive.

A 2TB SSHD as a game drive

and a 500GB SSD for video editing

And a 1000 watt power supply (overkill i know)

after my cpu upgrade the system and windows have been frequently rebooting, windows sfc scan always shows unfixable files and errors, dism restorehealth and other commands arent working, deleting or changing registry files, using ccleaner, defraggler, among factory resetting the motherboard and all connected harddrives have not worked, is my problem really as simple as the fact that the cpu is bad. (given it is brand new, and i've upgraded the bios, but i've checked the ram, storages, reset, reformatted, and even got a new flash drive to reinstall windows to no avail it seems.

Update: After reading your comments and trying your fixes, my problem wasn't in cpu seating, but instead in ram compatibility as my 3800x apparently does not support speeds of up to 3400, but instead only supports up to ddr4 3200mhz. Thank you all dearly

Last edited:
Solution
I actually found my solution in lowering my ram from 3400mhz (which is apparently not supported on the cpu) while seating was a valid concern it was just incompatibility with ram and cpu at maximum speeds, however I had little to no problems with my ryzen 1600 previously, but this works for now.
Check that the BIOS was updated to version F40.

Check the Ryzen 7 3800X CPU carefully for any bent, damaged pins. Make sure there is no dust, dirt, debris etc among the pins.
Remount the CPU carefully and evenly. Uneven mounting can cause loss of pin/pad contact and cause all sorts of system issues.

Mar 5, 2020
Check that the BIOS was updated to version F40.

Check the Ryzen 7 3800X CPU carefully for any bent, damaged pins. Make sure there is no dust, dirt, debris etc among the pins.
Remount the CPU carefully and evenly. Uneven mounting can cause loss of pin/pad contact and cause all sorts of system issues.
My latest bios is f50 after the update, but a friend and I are working on it today and it may very well be unevenly mounted, will update you accordingly.
And thank you so much it's been a headache trying to troubleshoot

Mar 5, 2020
What is the version of your bios, should be F40<
my bios version is f50 actuallly, I believe f40 was the version it shipped with, and according to my amd page it says this is the latest, (not sure if you're saying that downgrading might fix my problem, as the most recent may not be the most stable.)
https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/X470-AORUS-GAMING-7-WIFI-rev-10/support#support-dl-bios
But i got it from that page, and thank you for your responses thus far, it means alot

Mar 5, 2020
I actually found my solution in lowering my ram from 3400mhz (which is apparently not supported on the cpu) while seating was a valid concern it was just incompatibility with ram and cpu at maximum speeds, however I had little to no problems with my ryzen 1600 previously, but this works for now.

Solution