[SOLVED] A problem with my 750ti driver

Jan 21, 2021
Hello,
I was trying to update my 750Ti driver to the latest version (released on 7 Jan this year) using the GeForce Experience application, but it failed, the err msg was (Same or newer version already exists)
I tried to manually set it up by downloading the driver from NVidia's main website, and it also failed while giving the same error message.
I tried to remove the existing driver but it doesn't seem to work, I can't find it in programs & features.
I also tried to update it using the windows feature in Device Manager, but it gave me this error:

My only options left is to try and uninstall/disable the driver but I'm afraid it wouldn't work again, does anyone have a better idea?

Solution
I have had this card for too long and never experienced an issue until now
I tried to manually install the driver but it didn't work, idk what to do
Have you tried DDU ? This will completely remove old drivers. Before running DDU go to Nvidia.com and download the newest drivers for your card so You'll have them ready to go.

BlueMicrobe

Commendable
Sep 20, 2020
Did you buy the card second hand or from some place sketchy? Go into a web browser and search for GTX 750ti drivers and download them manually. If you delete the drivers then your display will just look horrible from my experiance and you can download new ones. No cards ive ever used have shown up as Unknown device even with no drivers

Jan 21, 2021
Did you buy the card second hand or from some place sketchy? Go into a web browser and search for GTX 750ti drivers and download them manually. If you delete the drivers then your display will just look horrible from my experiance and you can download new ones. No cards ive ever used have shown up as Unknown device even with no drivers

BlueMicrobe

Commendable
Sep 20, 2020
Jezz, Ive got no idea. If you’ve had it for ages well it might be at the age where it’s breaking down and passing. If you have a second pc you can try using the card in then do that, maybe even bring it into a local pc place for that matter and get their opinion. Other than that I guess you’ll have to delete the driver and renstall it as this could be coming down to an error when installing it, try that and maybe try uninstalling GeForce experience all together. But this is complicated, we need to nail the issue on the head before that lol. So try the card in a different pc you know works perfectly well and install drivers on that pc. If it works on that pc, great, this means its driver issues on the pc that you were talking about originally. Then, we can troubleshoot from there, just confirming that the 750ti isnt the issue. Let me know how this goes, if you have a second pc you can try it in.. Regardless, I wont go ahead and say “Its just a 750ti, literally get a 750ti for like $60 on ebay” and I don‘t want anyone to do that either. Good luck!