Question "A problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly" --- ?

Sadz_Mas

Reputable
Feb 19, 2019
Hi,I have recently build my new pc,My gpu is about 2 to 3 months old which i had been using with 5600x.A week ago i ordered a new ryzen 9 5900x which i installed today and did a complete pc reset,Installed latest drivers,Updated windows and so on.I had been playing valorant for about 7 hours and after playing i opened chrome and opened netflix on chrome and suddenly my mouse froze for about 5 seconds and then a black screen for another 5 seconds and when i check the reliability monitor i got "A problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly.Error Code 141".And this freaked the hell out of me.I Played for another 2 to 3 hours and everything seems to work fine but Why i got this error?Is my Hardware faulty please help me please.

Pc Specs:
Ryzen 9 5900x
Tuf 3070ti
Tuf Gaming B550 plus motherboard
Sn770 nvme ssd 1tb (plenty of storage left about 600gigs)
Cx750m psu
Ddr4 Hyperx 3600mhz 32gigs ram

EVERYTHING ON MY PC IS NO MORE THAN 3 MONTHS OLD AND MY PSU, PROCESSOR ARE EVEN NEWER

Last edited:

Ralston18

Titan
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

Include PSU: make, model, wattage, age, condition (original to build, new, refurbished, used)?

Disk drive(s): make, model, capacity, how full?

Power down, unplug, open the case. Doublecheck that all connectors, cards, RAM, jumpers, and case connections are fully and firmly in place.

Something may worked itself a bit loose.

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
Cx750m psu

EVERYTHING ON MY PC IS NOT MORE THAN 3 MONTHS OLD AND MY PSU, PROCESSOR ARE EVEN NEWER
Not want to bring more cost to this pc, but with a 3070 ti would i not pick such a psu, might well be that with some transient spikes (short but big bursts in power usage) this psu cannot handle that.

All is still working well?

Other thing is you said you did a "reset", if going that way i hope you did a fresh install of windows, that is just the better way to do a new windows install.

Sadz_Mas

Reputable
Feb 19, 2019
Yes i did a complete pc reset (fresh windows install),I just wanna know about the error i got,I searched online and i got that it's a gpu fault error.
It is a gpu fault error or a driver error ?

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
If it's a one of fault likely just a glitch and wouldn't be to worried about that. If it comes back look at what you found, reinstall gpu drivers for instance and first remove old with DDU.

Still think the psu might crap out with that gpu or gets in the danger zone and if power delivery gets wonky crap can happen.

Sadz_Mas

Reputable
Feb 19, 2019
I just bought this gpu and it's quite expensive and the issue i had last day made me really worried,I played games on my pc but didn't feel anything wrong.Is there anything to check and should i worry about the issue i had

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
Than just keep an eye on it, like i said it might be a one of and i wouldn't be to worried at that stage. If that psu will react as i say you will find out and with that i mean it will likely shut off or maybe give some other problems, but until then (if they happen again) relax a little.