Question A question about QVL RAM lists (Gigabyte 670 Elite AX)

mrjenkins44

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2015
I am looking at the QVL list for the Aorus Elite AX and I don't see the exact RAM that I was interested in. Yet I have seen some builds online with it.

The RAM is F5-6000J3038F16GX2-TZ5NR (G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO RGB Series (AMD Expo) 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin SDRAM DDR5 6000 CL30-38-38-96).

Now, the non-RGB version is approved in the QVL list:

Same RAM, without the RGB is approved QVL. Seems like maybe the RGB version is exactly the same...I just wonder why its not QVL approved?

Should the RAM I choose be ok, or should I only choose the ones that are QVL approved?

The QVL is not and should never be considered exhaustive. Rather, the QVL should be used as a guide, such as what you are doing. Generally, the hardware on the QVL has been thoroughly tested for benchmark results. While your specific set/kit is not listed, that is not indicative of incompatibility. I have built many systems in the past and haven't consulted the QVL of the motherboards.

One possibility as to why the RGB version isn't listed is that at the time of testing for the QVL, the RGB version was not available.

It is my belief that the RGB version will work in your system; however, if you feel uncertain and want a stronger opinion, your best bet is to send your inquiry to Gigabyte.