Question A question about the b450m-k

Mar 18, 2020
So I’ve bought an Asus b450m-k to go inside of my thermaltake level 20mt. The case comes with a controller card but the motherboard needs to support 5v addressable rgb header. I can’t find anything about whether or not it has the support for the rgb card. Can someone help me out?

I'm assuming you're referring to the connection for the RGB button? There doesn't appear to be any RGB headers on that motherboard, 5V or otherwise unfortunately. Just a header for the front panel LED.

However, if you can find one that's compatible with your fans, a fan controller can be used, and they usually connect to the USB 2.0 header instead of an RGB header

Last edited:
Mar 18, 2020
I'm building a pc and I'm having some second thoughts about the rgb in my build. I want the rgb to sync up because it looks cool but im not sure on an rgb controller that supports my motherboard. I have an Asus b450m-k and my case is a Thermaltake level 20MT. The parts that will have rgb are the Ram, Back fan, 3 fans that come in case, Cpu cooler and the graphics card. My question is what rgb controller should i buy that supports my case and has the number of plugs necessary for my build. Also at an affordable price.