Question A question?

Sep 17, 2019
Hi guys,how you doing?
I wanna buy a RAM memory but first I wanted to ask what's different having 2 rams of different brands,speed etc. Instead of 2 exact same ones.
Thank you in advance.

Hi guys,how you doing?
I wanna buy a RAM memory but first I wanted to ask what's different having 2 rams of different brands,speed etc. Instead of 2 exact same ones.
Thank you in advance.
In general, you will have a better chance of the RAM working properly.....or even working at all....if the sticks are matched.

RAM can work if it's not matched....but it can be a crapshoot.

kanewolf

Titan
You mean not matched in frequency,speed etc.? or matched in brand ?
"Matched" is a term that memory vendors use to say that a set of memory DIMMs have been TESTED as a set and are guaranteed to work as a set. If you have "almost" the same memory then you have no guarantee that your motherboard memory controller will be able work with that memory. You might be able to manually set all the memory timing information and get it to work. The safest approach when buying memory is to buy a matched set. It is guaranteed by the manufacturer.

Reactions: andy295673

Encryption+

Upstanding
Sep 26, 2019
I always recommend getting the same brand and kind of RAM for all sticks in a given computer. Mixing and matching always increases the odds of something not working properly.

In answer to your other question, as long as the specifications of the RAM sticks are exactly the same, you can mix sticks from different brands/manufacturers and everything should theoretically work, as long as none of the chips are defective to start with.

What is the make and model of your computer?

Sep 17, 2019
I always recommend getting the same brand and kind of RAM for all sticks in a given computer. Mixing and matching always increases the odds of something not working properly.

In answer to your other question, as long as the specifications of the RAM sticks are exactly the same, you can mix sticks from different brands/manufacturers and everything should theoretically work, as long as none of the chips are defective to start with.

What is the make and model of your computer?
I have an old pc Acer veriton M430