Question A random device that keeps connecting to my router even if I blacklist them with the name Dev-ABD0

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlexIsHere

Commendable
Feb 5, 2021
Hello there! As the title says, there's a device connected to my router. I have noticed it keeps switching between 2.4GHz and 5G and then disconnects there are 3 more who I do not know what they are, but it's worrying me that it may be some sort of a DDOS or something. Although I haven't seen an issue with it, but it keeps on connecting to my router even if I changed the password to something different.

kanewolf

Titan
Hello there! As the title says, there's a device connected to my router. I have noticed it keeps switching between 2.4GHz and 5G and then disconnects there are 3 more who I do not know what they are, but it's worrying me that it may be some sort of a DDOS or something. Although I haven't seen an issue with it, but it keeps on connecting to my router even if I changed the password to something different.
How do you know it is "connecting" ? It may be attempting to connect and failing, but still show up in some logs.

AlexIsHere

Commendable
Feb 5, 2021
Update: I just found out that those names are from my brother's and my mom's phone. They're using iPhones which I was thinking it was another device and I searched on internet what they mean and they're actually the names of their devices when they're connected, but it kept reconnecting over and over again so no idea why this happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.