[SOLVED] a really weird issue... PLEASE help

Nov 17, 2021
i recently bought a dell 2722H monitor and i thought it will the last buy for this year... i set it up to my pc... and for surprise the monitor doesnt wor... there is a message on screen saying that the resolution and rate is not compatible with this monitor and i need to fix it...

i tried everything that you can imagine... from removing the drivers...change the resolutions...change the refresh....editing the registry ...updating mobo bios ...cables... even i tried to install a new fesh windows...but the monitor keeps stuck in that weird page ...with no screen and the message above....
if i put thee hdmi cable to my tv the computer works just fine...
if i remove the cable from my working TV and put it on monitor..
.the monitor works just fine...
but when i do a reset the monitor stucks in that message...

Pc specs... amd3300x ..
aorus elite b450...
32 gb 2x16 sticks corsair..
radeon 5500xt 8gb pulse
1100 strike psu
razer peripherals..
everything was working fine with all the previous monitors and tv's ....

any help guys??

thank you in advance...

ps..i notice that when i removed the driver completely it was saying that it uses an atom amd driver with 64hz rate,,,, how is that possible ?? i dont know what to do ,,, any help will is appreciated...

edit : sorry for my bad english... :)

Last edited:
Solution
I think your problem is caused buy the wrong refresh rate. For some reason Windows is defaulting to a refresh rate your Dell 2722H monitor does not support, Windows is defaulting to the correct refresh rate for your TV, so it works without a problem. The native resolution and refresh rate for you Dell monitor is 1920 x 1080 at 60 Hertz.

img_57b371c44ac79.png
I think your problem is caused buy the wrong refresh rate. For some reason Windows is defaulting to a refresh rate your Dell 2722H monitor does not support, Windows is defaulting to the correct refresh rate for your TV, so it works without a problem. The native resolution and refresh rate for you Dell monitor is 1920 x 1080 at 60 Hertz.

img_57b371c44ac79.png

Solution
Nov 17, 2021
i have installed the driver.. the monitor is SE2722H.. the weird part is that when i restart it... i cant see the bios and what it loads underneath because this message appears.. that my monitor doesnt work in higher than 1920x1080 60hz (at least at booting).... and after few seconds without doing anything it enters windows 10.....

so basically something is going on when i restart the monitor and i cant see the Bios logo.. or enter it.. its like frozen until it loads windows... :( and i really dont know what to do...

edit; the bios booting screen loads in different resolution?? and if yes there is a way to edit it somehow so i can see it??

i have installed the driver.. the monitor is SE2722H.. the weird part is that when i restart it... i cant see the bios and what it loads underneath because this message appears.. that my monitor doesnt work in higher than 1920x1080 60hz (at least at booting).... and after few seconds without doing anything it enters windows 10.....

so basically something is going on when i restart the monitor and i cant see the Bios logo.. or enter it.. its like frozen until it loads windows... :( and i really dont know what to do...

edit; the bios booting screen loads in different resolution?? and if yes there is a way to edit it somehow so i can see it??
Have you tried looking at the the On-Screen Display menu of your monitor? There is an option to "Reset all OSD settings to the factory preset values".

Nov 17, 2021
Have you tried looking at the the On-Screen Display menu of your monitor? There is an option to "Reset all OSD settings to the factory preset values".

yes,, and i even tried the HARD reset of the screen by entering the Factory options with the 3 button selection... nothing... i cant load or see the bios or even enter in safemode... but windows load normally like nothing happend :(