"A required CD/DVD drive device is missing."

jormungandkokoloco

Honorable
Nov 6, 2013
Hello, i just recently replaced my motherboard with a gigabyte Z370 HD3 and im trying to install windows from a usb i created with the windows usb boot tool. Ive done this before with no issue on my previous motherboard.

But now when I go through the installation process it gets to the "select a driver to be installed" part and my SSD isnt appearing and i get the message in my thread title.

I really am at a loss here. Ive tried putting the usb in all the other ports. Ive tried connecting my ssd to the different ports too.

Please help.

Solution
if you used the tool this week it should have made the iso with the the april update. if your using a m2 ssd or a nvd drive. make sure in the bios is set to achi mode and support for those drives is on. also some of the sata ports willl be turned off if m2/nve support is turned on. also make sure your mb has the newest bios to rule out a bios bug. on the usb stick try another stick see if it works. in the bios turn on efi support and turn off legacy support see if anything changes. make sure windows 10 support is turned on.
if you used the tool this week it should have made the iso with the the april update. if your using a m2 ssd or a nvd drive. make sure in the bios is set to achi mode and support for those drives is on. also some of the sata ports willl be turned off if m2/nve support is turned on. also make sure your mb has the newest bios to rule out a bios bug. on the usb stick try another stick see if it works. in the bios turn on efi support and turn off legacy support see if anything changes. make sure windows 10 support is turned on.

Solution