Question "A required CD/DVD driver is missing" error when trying to install Windows 7 or Vista ?

Muhamad-j1234

Reputable
Dec 31, 2020
Dell Latitude E5470

"A required CD/DVD driver is missing" error comes up when I am supposed to choose where to install Windows. It only happens with Windows 7 or Vista.

Dell Latitude E5470
"A required CD/DVD driver is missing" error comes up when I am supposed to choose where to install Windows. It only happens with Windows 7 or Vista.
It is not so easy to install windows 7 on modern hardware.
USB drivers need to be integrated into installation,
also NVME support hotfixes and NVME drivers need to be integrated (if you want to install on nvme drive).

Just install windows 10. It's way easier.
You'll probably have hard time finding touchpad, lan, wifi and audio drivers for windows 7 on your laptop. Without drivers those devices will not work.

But if you still want to battle windows 7 compatibility with your laptop, then use Gigabyte windows USB tool to integrate USB and NVME drivers.
https://www.gigabyte.com/Support/Utility?kw=windows&p=1

Muhamad-j1234

Reputable
Dec 31, 2020
also NVME support hotfixes and NVME drivers need to be integrated (if you want to install on nvme drive).

You'll probably have hard time finding touchpad, lan, wifi and audio drivers for windows 7 on your laptop. Without drivers those devices will not work.

But if you still want to battle windows 7 compatibility with your laptop, then use Gigabyte windows USB tool to integrate USB and NVME drivers.
For driver I can use driver pack and Windows 10 is so slow because I have a Hard Drive and don't want to get an SSD because I just spent £50 for a 1TB HDD

I can imagine legit reason for Windows 7 on older hardware - upgrade to Windows 10 afterwards. Just did that on machine where someone borked Windows 10 which turned out upgraded from Windows 7 OEM a while ago. Activation was possible only by installing Windows 7 with original OEM serial key and then upgrading to Windows 10 with media tool.

For driver I can use driver pack and Windows 10 is so slow because I have a Hard Drive and don't want to get an SSD because I just spent £50 for a 1TB HDD

Are 50 pounds is a big money in UK?

Muhamad-j1234

Reputable
Dec 31, 2020
I can imagine legit reason for Windows 7 on older hardware - upgrade to Windows 10 afterwards. Just did that on machine where someone borked Windows 10 which turned out upgraded from Windows 7 OEM a while ago. Activation was possible only by installing Windows 7 with original OEM serial key and then upgrading to Windows 10 with media tool.

Are 50 pounds is a big money in UK?
Yes

TRENDING THREADS