A Tour Of The Kingston Memory Factory In Taiwan

Status
Not open for further replies.

xaira

Distinguished
the computer that tells the machines what to do in my fav memory factory is running windows, coincidence, i think not, score 2 for windows: )

G

well duh, more pages means more ads showing, which is good for Tom.

G

This has to be one of the least informative collections of pictures I have ever seen. After clicking through I still have no idea what the manufacturing process is (would it have made sense to present it from beginning to end?) All I have learned is that there is production (apparently the machines give birth to memory modules), testing (apparently the modules are put in test machines. But what sort of test is run?). And then there is packaging. Fascinating. Please tell me that Kingston forced you to scramble to pictures into a disorganised jumble and make random useless comments for the captions, without actually showing anything interesting.

[citation][nom]duk3[/nom]Cool pictures.Could you please just put 10-15 of them on one page so I don't have to click through 44 pages?[/citation]
Indeed. Once I realize an article is a picture slideshow on toms, I don't even bother reading it. Guess I missed out this time too.

tsnorquist

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2009
Toms, may I make a suggestion regarding the picture gallery tour?

Take a look at Nivo Slider for the image gallery/slideshow.

It would go a long way in making a picture gallery "tour" much easier to navigate and requires very little to get working.

mehrdadr

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2010
Interesting, You know what TOMS need? A good photographer, just look at the flash reflection on any photos which they had a glass in front of them LOL.

Anyway thanks for letting us to see inside the factory.

psighost

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2010
yea i'm betting they didn't allow for them to give a good explanation on the process. looking at the picture it's in the right order it would be made in but the description of whats going on it really wrong. the first machine they list as putting the dram on the PWB is actually putting the solder paste on the board.

mavroxur

Distinguished
I'm really surprised they don't use dedicated memory test machines....was kinda funny seeing hundreds of asus motherboards and laptops lined up doing memory tests. Still, nice article!

hundredislandsboy

Distinguished
Where are the bins from the "binning" process since "binning" is often mentioned in chip manufacturing? You know, there should be 3 bins, 1066, 800, 667, where they pour the the DIMMS based on quality testing?

r0x0r

Distinguished
May 9, 2006
[citation][nom]freddie_mercury[/nom]well duh, more pages means more ads showing, which is good for Tom.[/citation]

lol most of the demographic on this site are running some sort of ad-block software anyway.

And Tom's, it's not you, it's me. It's my distrust of anything to do with marketing, actually, but you get the picture.

scooter69

Distinguished
Sep 29, 2009
About ten pics on a page would be nice. I don't care what anyone says, Kingston is really good everyday RAM; it always works and it's fast and easy to RMA if you do come across a bad stick!!! I use it for all my customer upgrades.

Ragnar-Kon

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2010
[citation][nom]duk3[/nom]Cool pictures.Could you please just put 10-15 of them on one page so I don't have to click through 44 pages?[/citation]
Completely agree. Hate these slideshow articles, I end up usually not looking at all the pages just because I get frustrated while going through from page to page. Call me impatient but... drives me nuts.
On top of that, it doesn't work 100% on Chrome.

Status
Not open for further replies.