Question A video wall

Nov 5, 2022
I am attempting to set up a "video wall" w/ 3 TV's. At the computer store I don't think they understood what I was asking for. I believe they thought I wanted a computer w/ a 3 monitor desktop. They sold me a computer & said I needed a Nividia 3060 graphics card, which I bought & they installed. On the computer they put the VLC media player. After a lot of struggling w/ resolutions, orientations, & audio issues on the graphic's card. I can only play DVD's on my 4K TV's. Not even close to the resolution I want from the system. I downloaded a blue ray player. The 2 players were getting called up at the same time & crashing. I deleted the newer DL'd one & am back where I was. I think there may be a HDMI cabling problem as the anti-copy stuff may be kicking in. I thought when I got the graphic's card it would have an input for my amp (card has no input) so I could use the 3 TV's as one TV.. I was hoping I could play my 4K player into my 4K TV's. I question it is possible? If it is, I don't know what to do next.. help please..

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
For one, GPUs rarely have any kind of input. Nor does your description give any indication why you want this.

As for the rest, I'm not understanding it at all. What do you mean by a "video wall?" I would assume you want a three monitor setup with your desktop as well.

Nov 5, 2022
I will try to explain. I want to play 4K movies, Blue rays, DVDs, Youtube, cable tv channels, on three 4K TV screens. All these devises can play thru my amp. Hence my desire for a single input on the card. Your thinking the same thing that the people at the computer store were. This is what I am hoping for. I want to take my video signal & split it into 1/3's. As in each TV is showing 33% of the total video on each TV. Three TV's one picture. I have accomplished this w/ DVD's (very low resolution). When I downloaded the Blue ray player it plays the BR disk only on the primary display. When I try to stretch the window out to the other TV's (as I can do w/ the DVD's) it gives me a HTCP error & stops. I thought when you put multiple TV's together it is call a "video wall". I of course may be wrong... Thanks for help..

Nov 5, 2022
I have all the outputs set up. (one HDMI, & 3 display outputs) The HDMI output is going to the primary computer display. I can play a DVD split between the 3 TV screens. I can NOT stretch a Blue Ray out to play on all 3 TV's.. I can play the BR on primary screen (the 4th screen I do not play DVD the movies on). My hope eventually is to be able to play the things I talked about in the previous post. Now I am watching a movie on 2 of the TV's, while google chrome is on the 3rd TV screen. The primary is not doing anything at the moment. Thank you again.

Nov 5, 2022
I just pulled up Youtube on all 3 screens. (split 33% to each tv). I then searched for 4K movies. They look beautiful. So I can get 4k signals to the TV. I am getting closer but it doesn't explain how I can get my videos to play into the computer & then out to the TV's. ...Help...

Nov 5, 2022
I am sorry if I am not explaining this very well.
I realize now I need to get the output of my amp into the computer perhaps thru the a USB or mini USB ports on the back of the computer. My amp does not have this style of output. I don't know if there are conversion cables or conversion adapters to make this happen. I feel like I'm loosing everyone here. I hope not

USAFRet

Titan
I am sorry if I am not explaining this very well.
I realize now I need to get the output of my amp into the computer perhaps thru the a USB or mini USB ports on the back of the computer. My amp does not have this style of output. I don't know if there are conversion cables or conversion adapters to make this happen. I feel like I'm loosing everyone here. I hope not
What "amp" do you have?

InvalidError

Titan
The reason the BD player refuses to play across multiple TVs at once may have something to do with HDCP.

If you want to try tricking the player into seeing your video wall as one output and make it full-screen on that, you'd need to setup "surround display spanning" in Nvidia's drivers.

Nov 5, 2022
High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection (HDCP)
Yes I agree as I said in my 1st post.
I just didn't say it very well. I said...
"I think there may be a HDMI cabling problem as the anti-copy stuff may be kicking in". I thank everyone that has offered suggestions. I realized after downloading multiple blue ray players some will spread out to the 3 TV's & play, others will not..
I wonder now, can I play an X-box one across the 3 screens? The same problem exists in the sense that I need to get the x-box signal into the computer to allow the split & spread.