A Water Block Emerges For MSI's Gaming 6G Series 980 Ti

Status
Not open for further replies.
And last I looked, the EK cooling configurator said there was no plans to make a full cover water block.

They also say there's one coming for the OC (white) version but unfortunately no love for the Lightning :(

These things are always too overpriced. I love cool nerd stuff like this but if you calculate the total price of a good water cooling system it can easy get to 40-50% to the total price of the PC.

If you invest that in better components, or later when new gear comes out, you will almost certainly beat the performance from water cooling+OC.

So the way I see it, water cooling is only good for cool looks and quiet PCs.
Both are good reasons, but paying a premium price for that alone?
Hard to rationalize that.

db188

Honorable
Feb 11, 2014
that's why it's for enthusiasts. stick to air coolers or clc aio's if you want to do it on the cheap.

squirrelnutss

Reputable
Sep 17, 2015
These things are always too overpriced. I love cool nerd stuff like this but if you calculate the total price of a good water cooling system it can easy get to 40-50% to the total price of the PC.

If you invest that in better components, or later when new gear comes out, you will almost certainly beat the performance from water cooling+OC.

So the way I see it, water cooling is only good for cool looks and quiet PCs.
Both are good reasons, but paying a premium price for that alone?
Hard to rationalize that.

If liquid cooling is accounting for 40-50% of your rig cost, you're either an idiot, or exaggerating to the point of buffoonery. Liquid cooling isn't going to help a Pentium II/GeForce 2 rig. This plate and a Corsair H100i for an i7 are less than $300.00 combined, champ.

Status
Not open for further replies.