[SOLVED] A320M-A PRO Bios feature removed after update

Apr 30, 2022
Before i updated my bios there was a feature called cool n quiet and some other stuff like cpu features but the latest bios version has none of that. So i installed the first bios version again and they dont say that in the bios file description what i wonder is how do i know which version is the best for me and how do i test different bios versions ? also what would happen if i installed a bios version from another brand like asus? (i use msi) or what would happen if i installed M2 version of A320..

Solution
Before i updated my bios there was a feature called cool n quiet and some other stuff like cpu features but the latest bios version has none of that. So i installed the first bios version again and they dont say that in the bios file description what i wonder is how do i know which version is the best for me and how do i test different bios versions ? also what would happen if i installed a bios version from another brand like asus? (i use msi) or what would happen if i installed M2 version of A320..
Cool-n-Quiet setting has been deprecated in later BIOS's but it's functions are now included in something called PSS Support. It's usually enabled by default.

DO NOT try to use a BIOS from any other motherboard! It probably won't...
Apr 30, 2022
No, don't do that, BIOS should be the one exclusively for your MB. Look thru BIOS, that feature might be under another name.

thank you. But i have another problem.. Whenever i download radeon software my monitor says out of range i installed it with factory reset but couldnt find a solution.

Cool-n-Quiet setting has been deprecated in later BIOS's but it's functions are now included in something called PSS Support. It's usually enabled by default.

DO NOT try to use a BIOS from any other motherboard! It probably won't accept it anyway -- unless you use an advanced UEFI command line utility to over-ride the checks. But on the off-chance it does it could easily brick your board until a tech can load the correct one directly to the BIOS-ROM chip with a burning tool.

Last edited:
Solution