Question A4 PRO 7300B with GT 730 GDDR5 = good?

Nov 11, 2021
So, would that perhaps be any good for like entry level gaming or low resolution gaming or whatever? Would it be perhaps similar to the performance of an A10 7850K working with it's integrated graphics? Also please note that I am on an extreme budget, I do not want to see anybody say something like "just buy a new cpu, new motherboard, new graphics card and new ddr4 ram and you'll be good to go :)" please don't. I forgot to say, I have A4 PRO 7300B with ddr3 ram, a good sata ssd, and an empty PCI-E 3.0 slot waiting for a graphics card! (Fast reply would be appreciated)

Nov 11, 2021

InvalidError

Titan
How about a Ryzen 4650G?
If the goal is to get a significantly stronger GPU not so far down the line, you want a decently powerful CPU. The Ryzen 5xxxG CPU is significantly better than previous ones and i5-12x00 are even better so the choice between those last two comes down to whether you want to prioritize the IGP for now or CPU for later.

The 4650G is only worth considering if you plan to upgrade the CPU after the GPU.

Possible gotcha with the 4650G-5700G is that many motherboards may require a BIOS update first. Double-check that before buying or make sure you pick a board with CPU-less BIOS update capability.

Nov 11, 2021
If the goal is to get a significantly stronger GPU not so far down the line, you want a decently powerful CPU. The Ryzen 5xxxG CPU is significantly better than previous ones and i5-12x00 are even better so the choice between those last two comes down to whether you want to prioritize the IGP for now or CPU for later.
Define what you mean by significantly stronger GPU please.

i5 12x00 is not what I want cause IGPU is bogus. I want a CPU that has integrated graphics powerful enough for my needs.

It only comes down to AMD for me because I will ride the igpu for a while.

Even when I begin considering buying a dedicated graphics card, I doubt it's gonna be what you call "significantly stronger GPU".

I don't plan to crack the enigma on this rig lol. (I sure do hope that is a good reference)

Nov 11, 2021
Possible gotcha with the 4650G-5700G is that many motherboards may require a BIOS update first. Double-check that before buying or make sure you pick a board with CPU-less BIOS update capability.
I would love to pretend like you saved me from a catastrophic mistake, but...

I already know that LOL

And don't worry the motherboard I am buying is a MAX series that is compatible with 4000 series.

TRENDING THREADS