Question A5 X1 Laptop Bluescreen

BitCrit

Reputable
Jul 7, 2020
A few months ago I started getting this blue screen randomly, the bug check is always 0x000000d1 and says DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. I’ve contacted gigabyte support and they first told me to restore my PC which didn’t work so after contacting them again they said it needs further examination. I’m just doubting that it’s a hardware thing as I scanned the memory and storage disks through windows but I could be mistaken. Just thought I’d make sure before going through this whole hassle of shipping the laptop to another country entirely. I’ve tried many things such as updating graphics drivers and multiple factory resets but to no avail. The laptop model is A5 X1.

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
What OS are you working with? Might want to see if your laptop has any BIOS updates pending, after cross referencing your current BIOS version with that listed on Gigabyte's support site for your laptop.

Following that, I'd suggest fabricating a bootable USB installer using Windows Media Creation Tools, then reinstalling your OS for your laptop. Manually install the latest drivers for said laptop in an elevated command, i.e Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

BitCrit

Reputable
Jul 7, 2020
What OS are you working with? Might want to see if your laptop has any BIOS updates pending, after cross referencing your current BIOS version with that listed on Gigabyte's support site for your laptop.

Following that, I'd suggest fabricating a bootable USB installer using Windows Media Creation Tools, then reinstalling your OS for your laptop. Manually install the latest drivers for said laptop in an elevated command, i.e Right click installer>Run as Administrator.
I’m using windows 11. I checked if I had an outdated bios but that wasn’t the case. Regarding the USB bit I have no clue on what you mean.

TRENDING THREADS