A7M266 on-board audio or SBPCI128?

G

Would the A7M266 onboard audio be as good/better than my SB PCI128?

I wouldn't mind freeing up a PCI slot and selling my card for a few bucks to a buddy if I thought that the on-board could do the trick. If I'm not mistaken it is made by SoundBlaster???

Assuming I ditch the PCI card...one drawback is that I have an internal connection from the SBPCI128 going to my TV-Tuner. How would I then get the sound going to the CD-ROM and TV tuner card?

I have on board audio disabled now and it seems like too much effort the other way unless someone has any ideas.

G

The onboard sound on the A7M266, by the reports I've heard, is supposed to be pretty decent. It's better than what most of us have become used to for integrated audio.

That said, if you want to plug in multiple sources to your sound card/chip you will want to stick with your other card. Pretty much all integrated solutions only offer a single onboard connector and I haven't heard of any Y-connectors or anything that allow you to plug multiple sources into a single socket (might be a bad idea electrically). Add-in sound cards usually have extra connectors for a variety of sources.

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. - Mark Twain