A7V + Win2k + GeForce + T-Bird

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
G

Hi everyone, thought I'd give you my 2 bits worth of information (pun intended). My friend has an Asus A7V without built-in sound, SBlive!, Leadtek 32MB geforce, ATA-100 hard drive and CDrom and rewriter drive running on WIN98se and all is well. No crashes at all.
We run appz like office97, various music composing software, ie5, diablo2 plus many, many other games and utilities. Bios is set to optimal as well.
I haven't read all the messages yet but so far I think it sounds like either something has been damaged or win2000 doesn't get along with something.
Hope this is of some help

G

ha ha, ok well upon reading further I wonder now if it's the scsi card some of you are using or perhaps just an older bios.

TheAntipop

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
OK, so the problems all seem to appear when using a GeForce card. I am ready to my computer to an ATA100 hard drive, SB Live MP3+ 5.1, and an ATI Radeon 32MB DDR. Have it all and am waiting on whether to go with Win2k or stay with Win98SE. SO I guess Ill try Win2k and see how my luck is.

Athlon TBird 800
Asus A7V v.1004d
256MB PC133
45GB Maxtor ATA100
Radeon 32MB DDR

G

Hey crusade_asus, i have got the same system as you have Win2k + A7V(KT133) + TBird + GeForce and it keeps locking up for some reason. Now what i want to know is whether this is the motherboards problem alone, or is it an incompatibility issue between the A7V mobo with an AGP graphics card?

G

I have the EXACT problem you have. Except that I'm using a Tyan tiger 133 MB (VIA-based) with an Asus V7700 Geocrap GTS Dexluxe. The screen will misbehave, but the network and the hardrives are fine. I also have an SB Live, but the problems only show up when I stick in the Geocrap. Everything is fine with my old Creative Labs TNT2.

Urge to kill rising...

G

installed the patch for win2k/Geforce compatability issue?

<font color=orange>What do you think? :wink: </font color=orange>

Latest posts