[SOLVED] A8 7600 overclock

Nov 17, 2021
hi
i have a8 7600 apu
im trying to oc it

as u know its locked apu
so i have to oc fsb
i can oc fsb to 109 and have 38x multiplier
but higher than 109 fsb , sth locks multiplier at 31x (seems turbo mode going off)

any idea how to bypass this and have turbo mode on and have 38x multiplier ?

fsb at 135 was unstable but stable at 133 so if i had that extra multiplier it would be great

mb:a88xm-plus
ram:4gig samsung 1600(also have 8gig 1866 micron but seems its not good with oc)
psu: 530w green
and custom made cpu cooler that can hold cpu at 60 high load 1h with 133fsb
fyi my gpu died due to overheat and im saving money to buy new gpu so i cant upgrade anything rn

any help appreciated

Solution
So, you already overheated the graphics card, most likely also from overclocking, and now you want to overclock a CPU that wasn't meant to be overclocked and WOULD NOT offer you any real, tangible performance gains even if you COULD overclock it using the multiplier, using the front side bus frequency? And you have a "custom made CPU cooler"? Is this a liquid open loop water cooled setup or some other kind of "custom cooler"?

Please explain this and if possible post pictures of the custom cooler.

In reality, what you want to do is almost pointless. First of all, you are not going to see any significant gains using the FSB because the CPU simply isn't capable enough to offer any significant gains especially not that way which is always...
So, you already overheated the graphics card, most likely also from overclocking, and now you want to overclock a CPU that wasn't meant to be overclocked and WOULD NOT offer you any real, tangible performance gains even if you COULD overclock it using the multiplier, using the front side bus frequency? And you have a "custom made CPU cooler"? Is this a liquid open loop water cooled setup or some other kind of "custom cooler"?

In reality, what you want to do is almost pointless. First of all, you are not going to see any significant gains using the FSB because the CPU simply isn't capable enough to offer any significant gains especially not that way which is always only a very minor bump, less than 1% most likely, and yet you will put the rest of your hardware at serious risk of instability and other problems since the FSB affects a variety of other hardware including the PCIe and other buses which all rely on the FSB to do business. Changing the FSB frequency will cause everything that uses the FSB to be affected and more often than not, cause errors and other problems.

Simply not worth it. And, I have serious reservations about your "custom cooler" after knowing you've already had a dead graphics card from overheating.

Solution
Nov 17, 2021

In reality, what you want to do is almost pointless. First of all, you are not going to see any significant gains using the FSB because the CPU simply isn't capable enough to offer any significant gains especially not that way which is always only a very minor bump, less than 1% most likely, and yet you will put the rest of your hardware at serious risk of instability and other problems since the FSB affects a variety of other hardware including the PCIe and other buses which all rely on the FSB to do business. Changing the FSB frequency will cause everything that uses the FSB to be affected and more often than not, cause errors and other problems.

Simply not worth it. And, I have serious reservations about your "custom cooler" after knowing you've already had a dead graphics card from overheating.

hey tnx for reply
actually my gpu was underclock but i forgot to change thermal grease after many years and when i played cyberpunk due to some bug my gpu(r9 280x) overheated (i had some crash before and i know i was pushing my hardware )and after that i just realized one of my gpu fans was not working .

as u know this cpu got r7 kaveri
and with fsb oc i also ocing my ram and that is good for me cause it affects igpu and i know the risks

with overclock i also gain fps boost and its pretty noticeable (dota2 25-->40 )

my cooler is Hyper H410R but i changed fan to higher rpm one (3000) bcz of this i said custom made

i just want to know how unlock turbo mode for 109+ fsb and what locks multiplier on 31x
is there bios option that im missing to check ?
and this is temp pic

Last edited:
Nov 17, 2021
How do you know you'll get a FPS boost? If that's from someone on the Internet, I wouldn't believe that.

Really not worth doing for you, you aren't going to get a 60% uplift overclocking that chip.

atleast my games r smooth and i can play without having ultra low fps
and im sure i can push more than this but dont know how get that 38x multi and i need to upgrade my ram
pic1 pic2