A8-7600 vs Pentium G4560

PlayMoar

Prominent
Apr 12, 2017
I want to know which is better because I am thinking about upgrading my computer. The A8 has 4 cores but the Pentium has 2. Friends with the Pentium say it's great for gaming but most games I play require 4 cores. If it has 2 cores how does he have better FPS on Fallout 4?

Solution
The G4560 is definitely stronger than the A8. However i'm unsure whether this would be a justifiable upgrade, try save for a Ryzen 5 or i5 7xxx if you want a real jump in Performance over your current CPU. A Pentium G4560 may be a dual core but is has Hyperthreading making it 2 cores and 4 threads, your friend has better FPS with it because his single core performance and IPC is higher than your A8. Hope this helps :)

CRO5513Y

Expert
Ambassador
The G4560 is definitely stronger than the A8. However i'm unsure whether this would be a justifiable upgrade, try save for a Ryzen 5 or i5 7xxx if you want a real jump in Performance over your current CPU. A Pentium G4560 may be a dual core but is has Hyperthreading making it 2 cores and 4 threads, your friend has better FPS with it because his single core performance and IPC is higher than your A8. Hope this helps :)

Solution