A8-7650k over clock with stock cooler

Lozzerjames

Commendable
Mar 24, 2016
Hi everyone! I'm curious as to what overclock I can achieve on a A8 7650k apu with a A68hm plus mobo on the stock cooler. This is purely out of curiously as to what the stock cooler can handle. I will eventually purchase an aftermarket cooler and discrete gpu and overclock it the right way. The stock cooler is the newer, silent model. On base settings, my apu stays 40 degrees Celsius so I believe there is a little room for tweaking.

Solution
Since that board is not designed for very much OC'ing, it is best not to take it too high anyway. Each piece of silicone is different. Take it up one click at atime and watch temps. Better yet, watch thermal margins with AoD: http://www.amd.com/en-us/innovations/software-technologies/technologies-gaming/over-drive
TMs decrease as temps increase. I like to stay out of the single digits myself. But it is OK to use the whole thing down to zero. The CPU will probably be throttling by then. But I doubt you'll get much with the stock cooler.

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
Since that board is not designed for very much OC'ing, it is best not to take it too high anyway. Each piece of silicone is different. Take it up one click at atime and watch temps. Better yet, watch thermal margins with AoD: http://www.amd.com/en-us/innovations/software-technologies/technologies-gaming/over-drive
TMs decrease as temps increase. I like to stay out of the single digits myself. But it is OK to use the whole thing down to zero. The CPU will probably be throttling by then. But I doubt you'll get much with the stock cooler.

Solution

JCLDJB

Commendable
May 24, 2016
Hi there,

Option 1:
I have identical CPU & MoBo (MSI A68HM) and I bought an extra stick of RAM (Corsair 2x8GB = 16Gb), set the Bios settings to recognise "Dual Graphics" even if you only have the APU/integrated graphics, this will enable you to take an extra 1Gb from the RAM, making the APU 2048Mb instead of the standard 1024Mb.
Next is to O'clock the RAM and think, higher is better, 1866Mhz at least, or higher if the MoBo can support it.

Option 2:
I am considering O'clocking the iGPU Frequency from the standard 720Mhz to 100-200-300Mhz higher but worried about stock fan.

Option 2 is trickier, try Option 1 first, easiest thing to do. :)

Good luck!