A9 error after new Mobo swap

thenewacc22

Prominent
Dec 1, 2017
Hello
I swapped my old Asrock P67 extreme6 with Msi Z77A-G43 no other hardware changed and pluged everything and checked 3 times after turning on and i read that when changing Bios its better to reinstall windows soo ofc i tryed befor and it didnt boot into Bios or windows and even after fromating SSD main disk and instaling windows on its still there , i read that gpu can cause this problem soo i removed it but no use can I get some help on the problem please?

Update : i read a thread here with same prob and the he was told to remove Bios battery and put back , i said to my self my battery maybe empty soo i swapped with new 1 and thats what changed :
the 2 options i was given were
1: go to setup (no change) a9 show's after
2: continue (befor it was: use defult values and go to setup) and a9 after
But now I saw a B2 code at the booting segment (then the 2 options I said befor) and now after I re used the old battery because with the new 1 it's repoting (don't know why) if I tried to go to setup there is no error code but only black screen...

thenewacc22

Prominent
Dec 1, 2017
Intel core i7 2700k and Asus Gtx 1060 dual O3G and windows 10 2x4gb 1333mhz kingstone rams corsair CX750 psu and this set was working good befor with my last mobo

thenewacc22

Prominent
Dec 1, 2017
Sorry if it is my bad english

When i boot i see( when u press delete to go to bios setup ) couple lines of typing starts with Rapid memory tech and i cant enter bios it just freazs for a 5s with B2 error in the corrner then restart and if i didnt press delete and waited for the 2nd screen to show (where i get the 2 options):
1: run set up.
2: load defult values and run setup.
If i pressed 1 i get the A9 error and it never go to setup and if i press 2 i get only black screen with no error number and it never go to setup

thenewacc22

Prominent
Dec 1, 2017
I am doing that but no use but i will try to plug the hdmi cable may it work but any ideas what it might be causing this problem? Because I just bought it it's (used) but the seller said it's just like new and it Looks like it's new

Your problem may simply be you can't change motherboards without re-installing Windows 10. Your new motherboard may work perfectly well but it does not have the drivers for all the parts in your computer. Did the new MSI motherboard come with a driver DVD?

thenewacc22

Prominent
Dec 1, 2017
I reinstalled a windows 10 allready on my SSD that i use on this new board soo i start with new fresh copy because I read that if u changed to other chipset type u better reinstall the windows and I did and I can download manualy because I don't have the CD.
What should I do ?

Doing a fresh install of Windows 10 before you installed the new motherboard is not the same as installing Windows 10 after the new motherboard is in your computer. If the Windows 10 on your SSD is fresh in any case you can just re-install again. Are there any important files in your SSD you need to keep and don't want to overwrite?

thenewacc22

Prominent
Dec 1, 2017
No no installing new windows is not the problem and I extracted all my files I wish I can install the windows again if I can reach the Bios but that's the problem.
soo any clue on the problem i saw a video saying he has a bootloop problem and he fixed it but doing a reflow on the socket is this might fix it (though I have no idea what is this or how to do or any thing) might it be the solution ??

Since your computer runs an Intel i7 2700k, i assume it has a DVD drive. If the DVD drive is first in the boot order you don't need to reach the BIOS, just put your Windows 10 installation disk [if you don't have one you can create one yourself] in the DVD drive and boot the computer. It will go straight to the Windows 10 installation disk, not the BIOS.

The "reflow" method that video is suggesting is to fix a physically broken motherboard. You bake the motherboard in an oven to melt a broken solder connection an cause the solder connection to "reflow" back together. There is no reason at the moment to think your motherboard is broken.

thenewacc22

Prominent
Dec 1, 2017
I was perperd too for this and I plugged a USB flash boot driver with win10 but it's not booting automatically and I was able to reach the boot menu but it just freazs on all options given which are :
1: default bios boot
2: my hhd
3: my ssd
4: something I don't recall(I'm not near the pc atm)
But iv tried all and they freaz

"1: default bios boot" may be your DVD drive. If you don't have a Windows installation disk in the DVD drive, the computer will look in the DVD drive, find nothing, then go on to the 2nd boot option, which causes it to freeze. You can create your own Windows 10 DVD by downloading the ISO file from Microsoft's website, and burning it to a DVD. Use the "Windows 10 Media Creation Tool".

thenewacc22

Prominent
Dec 1, 2017
Yah yah I started for the first time with flash USB boot drive but I didn't notice or see the option but after the shock I selected it but no use did that matter ???

thenewacc22

Prominent
Dec 1, 2017
Might it be a corrupted Bios chip? Coz thats what i feel and saw on youtube vid's with the same kind (bootloop) but it gana cost me beside the chip price (10-15€)? And might it be something else?

Have you taken a close look at your CPU and cooler. First look at the cooler to make sure it is sitting completely flat on the CPU. If it's not completely flat, it will not make full contact with the CPU to cool it. That could cause the CPU to overheat very quickly, and then just shut down so the CPU does not get damaged. Second remove the CPU from it's socket and look for any bent pins. That's a more serious problem but you might be able to straighten them.

thenewacc22

Prominent
Dec 1, 2017

Hmmm you right i will remove it once im home but i hope its not the socket or any perminent demage happend.
But can the cpu overheat from 10s of work and block the Bios from working?? Its a long shot in my opinion but i must check all possibilitys.

It's not that the CPU is "blocking the Bios from working", It's just shutting itself down to prevent permanent damage. As a result nothing will run, not the BIOS or anything else. No CPU, no video image.

thenewacc22

Prominent
Dec 1, 2017
I untied the cooler and just placed it over the cup with the thermal paste and retried but same results.
I think it's clear that the Bios is the problem source but I need to be 100% sure is there is any chances that something else causing the issue?

Try going to "Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Event Viewer". You can look through the different options like "Administrative Events", "Hardware Events" and "Application" to see if you can find any "!Error" warnings. I'm not familiar with how to use these logs, but they may help you.