AB350 Gaming 3 Mobo + Radeon RX 580 8gb. VGA led light, PLEASE READ

Jul 14, 2018
Specs
I7 Ryzen 3.7 GHZ 8 core
GIgabyte Radeon Rx 580 8gb
2x8gb RGB ram
850 W PSU
500 GB/ SSD 6gb

This is a brand new fresh build as of 4 pm today. No windows or driver installs. Nothing has been USED, at all.

Currently passed all cpu/ram tests and get the VGA led light error.
Oddly enough, I assumed maybe his GPU was faulty upon arrival. I took it home to my slightly weaker I5 ryzen build with a similiar MOBO, His card runs on my comp flawlessly.

I have all pin connections for the cpu/gpu in, slotted and fitted 100%. Cpu was seated correctly. Vga led light, no signal to monitor. I tried removing the CMOS battery twice to see if maybe BIOS settings had something to do with it. I have scanned forums left and right and am left with no answers. Does anyone PLEASE have a solid answer to this?

NO, the cable is not plugged into the MOBO instead of the GPU
YES, the pin connector/cpu connector and everything is plugged in PROPERLY

Solution
Jul 14, 2018

The computer was unplugged for the CMOS
I tried switching the GPU into both x16 slots.
I believe this Ryzen 7 CPU chip might be 2nd gen. I've come to the conclusion that gigabyte's included bios is not Gen 2 and therefore is not actually detecting the chip, but detects power to a chip. I called a shop and they suggested I use an older processor to install windows and update the bios, THEN put the I7 in there. Honestly if it's all that difficult I A. Dont really have one lying around and am not really down with removing/installing my CPU 2x. B. Would much rather just buy a 2nd Gen MOBO designed for an I7 like this out the box and send the AB350 back in.

If your motherboard does support 2nd Gen Ryzen CPU's it should have an "AMD Ryzen Desktop 2000 Ready" sticker on the front of the motherboard box.

221074.580da5f86f4dbbdeabee1edbe3c02c1a.1600.jpg

Solution