Abit and the meaning of life.

Yea it did come to pass that that the retaining clip on the NB fan detacheth
itself and there was much wailing and gnashing of teeth amongst ye Tweakers.
"Abit" cryeth ye tweakers, "why hast thou forsaken us." "Thou hast cast us
on the dungheap and there is mourning amongst us." But Abit heareth not and
there was much woe amongst the tweakers. "Didst not we taketh our parent's
credit card, and didst not we give thee our parents' shekels?" But Abit
heareth not and ye tweakers didst speak evil of Abit. Then didst the
prophet, Abitmarketing, come unto us saying, "Thou must not speak evil of
the Mighty Abit lest thou invoke the wrath of ye moderator, whence ye shall
be cast into the pit, for this shall be the fate of they who who disregard
the the AUP.

Then did the tweakers cover themselves in ashes, sack cloth and Arctic
Silver, and, amidst much wailing and gnashing of teeth, didst the Tweakers
seek to repair their NB fans, using paper clips, pieces of wood, molten
metals and superglue. Then from amongst their midst came forward Davey
saying "Hearken to me, ye acolylytes of Abit, for I am a true desciple. Take
ye again, the credit card of thine parent and give thine parents'shekels to
Microcool. Take ye then the NB chip, annoint it with silver and add ye
Microcool fan, and lo ye shall return to a blessed state of cool and
tranquility." On hearing these words the acolytes did obey and there was
much rejoicing in the land Tweakers.

Then came voices in the wilderness again saying, "We have taken our parents
credit cards and given their shekels to Microcool but we have no way to
attach ye fan to ye motherboard." On hearing this did Davey come forward
saying, Oh ye of little faith, listen to my words! Take ye again thine
parents' credit cards and give again their shekels to Microcool and you
shall find redemption and shall be lifted from thine sadness." And lo, so it
came to pass. Ye tweakers didst take the credit cards of their parents and
didst give more shekels to Microcool and ye NB fans didst cease to fall upon
ye AGP cards and the Tweakers didst rejoice.

It is said that there are other Makers who maketh motherboards that doth not
demand such tributes and worketh straight out of ye box, but hearken ye not
to the words of false prophets and take ye not thine neighbours' sheep to be
thine wife. The words of such false prophets shall not be heard in the
Temple of Abit and scrapies is nast!.;-P

TomG

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2003

LOL! You should become a restorer of ancient scrolls!

--

Thomas Geery
Network+ certified

ftp://geerynet.d2g.com
over 130,000 FTP users served!
^^^^^^^

"h2so4" <ron.lacey@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
> Yea it did come to pass that that the retaining clip on the NB fan
detacheth
> itself and there was much wailing and gnashing of teeth amongst ye
Tweakers.
> "Abit" cryeth ye tweakers, "why hast thou forsaken us." "Thou hast cast us
> on the dungheap and there is mourning amongst us." But Abit heareth not
and
> there was much woe amongst the tweakers. "Didst not we taketh our parent's
> credit card, and didst not we give thee our parents' shekels?" But Abit
> heareth not and ye tweakers didst speak evil of Abit. Then didst the
> prophet, Abitmarketing, come unto us saying, "Thou must not speak evil of
> the Mighty Abit lest thou invoke the wrath of ye moderator, whence ye
shall
> be cast into the pit, for this shall be the fate of they who who disregard
> the the AUP.
>
> Then did the tweakers cover themselves in ashes, sack cloth and Arctic
> Silver, and, amidst much wailing and gnashing of teeth, didst the Tweakers
> seek to repair their NB fans, using paper clips, pieces of wood, molten
> metals and superglue. Then from amongst their midst came forward Davey
> saying "Hearken to me, ye acolylytes of Abit, for I am a true desciple.
Take
> ye again, the credit card of thine parent and give thine parents'shekels
> Microcool. Take ye then the NB chip, annoint it with silver and add ye
> Microcool fan, and lo ye shall return to a blessed state of cool and
> tranquility." On hearing these words the acolytes did obey and there was
> much rejoicing in the land Tweakers.
>
> Then came voices in the wilderness again saying, "We have taken our
parents
> credit cards and given their shekels to Microcool but we have no way to
> attach ye fan to ye motherboard." On hearing this did Davey come forward
> saying, Oh ye of little faith, listen to my words! Take ye again thine
> parents' credit cards and give again their shekels to Microcool and you
> shall find redemption and shall be lifted from thine sadness." And lo, so
it
> came to pass. Ye tweakers didst take the credit cards of their parents and
> didst give more shekels to Microcool and ye NB fans didst cease to fall
upon
> ye AGP cards and the Tweakers didst rejoice.
>
> It is said that there are other Makers who maketh motherboards that doth
not
> demand such tributes and worketh straight out of ye box, but hearken ye
not
> to the words of false prophets and take ye not thine neighbours' sheep to
be
> thine wife. The words of such false prophets shall not be heard in the
> Temple of Abit and scrapies is nast!.;-P

On Fri, 28 May 2004 13:11:11 +0100, "h2so4"
<ron.lacey@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:

>The words of such false prophets shall not be heard in the
>Temple of Abit and scrapies is nast!.;-P

Haha...pretty funny. But Abit will supply a free replacement NB hsf if
you just ask. No shekkels needed.

TomG

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2003

but what about the attachment tab that comes off the mobo?

--

In message <gureb0hpq7rlachct3iu7n3oscibukc0uk@4ax.com>, Sean Ridge
<Sean@noemail.invalid> writes
>>The words of such false prophets shall not be heard in the
>>Temple of Abit and scrapies is nast!.;-P
>>

>Haha...pretty funny. But Abit will supply a free replacement NB hsf if
>you just ask. No shekkels needed.

No my son, the wailing prophesied cometh not just from beyond the
clenched teeth, but truly from that vilest of creatures, the NB fan
itself.

Sendeth a new fan they might, but turneth on the switch of power and out
of the very belly of the beast called PC shall once again rise that is
most unholy and disheartening ....... yes, once more waileth that piece
of putrid excrement called the Abit northbridge fan......

Yay, for I too have walked in the valley of the peacebreaker. Dark were
my days, heavy my audible burden. But salvation came hither in the
joyous form of a Thermaltake Tiger 1 i845 Cooler from Tekheads.
Tis also a truly wondrous thing.

followed by 'uk2' followed by a dot
followed by 'net'

Yeah, yeah, yeah... and Disneyworld was the restorer of ancient trolls!

http://pages.sbcglobal.net/jefn/mickeyears.jpg

Jef

"TomG" <tgeery-NOSPAM-@cox.net> wrote in message
| LOL! You should become a restorer of ancient scrolls!
|
| --
|
| Thomas Geery
| Network+ certified
|
| ftp://geerynet.d2g.com
| ftp://68.98.180.8 Abit Mirror <----- Cable modem IP
| This IP is dynamic so it *could* change!...
| over 130,000 FTP users served!
| ^^^^^^^

On Fri, 28 May 2004 19:58:15 +0100, Gareth Jones
<usenet@nospam.demon.co.uk> wrote:

>In message <gureb0hpq7rlachct3iu7n3oscibukc0uk@4ax.com>, Sean Ridge
><Sean@noemail.invalid> writes
>>>The words of such false prophets shall not be heard in the
>>>Temple of Abit and scrapies is nast!.;-P

>>Haha...pretty funny. But Abit will supply a free replacement NB hsf if
>>you just ask. No shekkels needed.

>No my son, the wailing prophesied cometh not just from beyond the
>clenched teeth, but truly from that vilest of creatures, the NB fan
>itself.

>Sendeth a new fan they might, but turneth on the switch of power and out
>of the very belly of the beast called PC shall once again rise that is
>most unholy and disheartening ....... yes, once more waileth that piece
>of putrid excrement called the Abit northbridge fan......

>Yay, for I too have walked in the valley of the peacebreaker. Dark were
>my days, heavy my audible burden. But salvation came hither in the
>joyous form of a Thermaltake Tiger 1 i845 Cooler from Tekheads.
>Tis also a truly wondrous thing.

You've spent too much time in the ' Chapel ' Blodwn '

BoroLad

Jef Norton wrote:
> Yeah, yeah, yeah... and Disneyworld was the restorer of ancient trolls!

UHhh UHhh UHhh UHhh UHhh ...

Terrible for a man of "letters"
whose "fetters"
are in "tatters".

My urinal does better when(&if) I flush it.

:)
Qed.

PS- Glug Glug Glug Glug

TomG

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2003

LOL! And a top of the day to you, too, Jef! Have a safe and happy Memorial
Day weekend!

--

"Jef Norton" <jefn_REMOVE_YOUR_SHORTS_@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
> Yeah, yeah, yeah... and Disneyworld was the restorer of ancient trolls!
>
> http://pages.sbcglobal.net/jefn/mickeyears.jpg
>
> Jef
>

> "TomG" <tgeery-NOSPAM-@cox.net> wrote in message
> | LOL! You should become a restorer of ancient scrolls!
> |
> | --
> |
> | Thomas Geery
> | Network+ certified
> |
> | ftp://geerynet.d2g.com
> | ftp://68.98.180.8 Abit Mirror <----- Cable modem IP
> | This IP is dynamic so it *could* change!...
> | over 130,000 FTP users served!
> | ^^^^^^^

TomG

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2003

when (& if) you can HIT the damn thing!

--

"0_Qed" <nano.bot@shaysnet.com> wrote in message
> Jef Norton wrote:
> > Yeah, yeah, yeah... and Disneyworld was the restorer of ancient trolls!
>

> UHhh UHhh UHhh UHhh UHhh ...
>
> Terrible for a man of "letters"
> whose "fetters"
> are in "tatters".
>
> My urinal does better when(&if) I flush it.
>
> :)
> Qed.
>
> PS- Glug Glug Glug Glug

Tom -

Does it matter if he hits it or not?

http://pages.sbcglobal.net/jefn/bathroom.jpg

BTW... where'd you think I got that snazzy pic of you and the missus in the
first place?

| when (& if) you can HIT the damn thing!
|
| --
|
| Thomas Geery
| Network+ certified
|
| ftp://geerynet.d2g.com
| ftp://68.98.180.8 Abit Mirror <----- Cable modem IP
| This IP is dynamic so it *could* change!...
| over 130,000 FTP users served!
| ^^^^^^^
|

| "0_Qed" <nano.bot@shaysnet.com> wrote in message
| > Jef Norton wrote:
| > > Yeah, yeah, yeah... and Disneyworld was the restorer of ancient
trolls!

| > UHhh UHhh UHhh UHhh UHhh ...
| >
| > Terrible for a man of "letters"
| > whose "fetters"
| > are in "tatters".
| >
| > My urinal does better when(&if) I flush it.
| >
| > :)
| > Qed.
| >
| > PS- Glug Glug Glug Glug

TomG

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2003

Ugh! Hate to see such a great photo in Qed's digs!

--

> Tom -
>
> Does it matter if he hits it or not?
>
> http://pages.sbcglobal.net/jefn/bathroom.jpg
>
> BTW... where'd you think I got that snazzy pic of you and the missus in
the
> first place?
>
> Jef
>

> "TomG" <tgeery-NOSPAM-@cox.net> wrote in message
> | when (& if) you can HIT the damn thing!
> |
> | --
> |
> | Thomas Geery
> | Network+ certified
> |
> | ftp://geerynet.d2g.com
> | ftp://68.98.180.8 Abit Mirror <----- Cable modem IP
> | This IP is dynamic so it *could* change!...
> | over 130,000 FTP users served!
> | ^^^^^^^
> |

> | "0_Qed" <nano.bot@shaysnet.com> wrote in message
> trolls!
> | >

> | > UHhh UHhh UHhh UHhh UHhh ...
> | >
> | > Terrible for a man of "letters"
> | > whose "fetters"
> | > are in "tatters".
> | >
> | > My urinal does better when(&if) I flush it.
> | >
> | > :)
> | > Qed.
> | >
> | > PS- Glug Glug Glug Glug

He *does* call it "The Pit" for a reason!

| Ugh! Hate to see such a great photo in Qed's digs!
|
| --
|
| Thomas Geery
| Network+ certified
|
| ftp://geerynet.d2g.com
| ftp://68.98.180.8 Abit Mirror <----- Cable modem IP
| This IP is dynamic so it *could* change!...
| over 130,000 FTP users served!
| ^^^^^^^

TomG

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2003

yeah, right on, that! it *is* a pit! and I submit that the real pit is out
back!