Able to access a few select websites

rajvir

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2013
A few days ago my computer started acting strange as I wasn't able to access most websites and when I tried it told me it couldn't connect to the server.

I can connect fine when I use my phone so I know it isn't my network or the website that is the problem.

I tried looking around to see if anyone had similar problems

As I could use some websites but not most others as I can still use Google, YouTube and even SpaceBattle but not Tom's Hardware or Quora.

I found a YouTube Video which stated that most people with this problem can solve it by clearing their DNS and restarting their computer.

Especially since they seemed to have the same problem as me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ffnp6tqP6Cg

I tried and it did not solve the problem nor did clearing the IPS.

I also confirmed it wasn't my Security and turned it off but that had no effect.

Another comment mentioned Proxy's. But both Firefox and Chrome had it off and a website that tested it said I had none. I also checked it in Network and Security but both automatic and manual were off.

I'm running out of ideas does anyone have any suggestions?

EDIT: Some details I forgot to mention are that I tried multiple browsers but forgot to try Chrome's Incognito to see if that made a difference.

Thankfully BadAsAI solution worked.

After I turned off IVp6, internet stopped working entirely but I was able to use the repair function to correct the settings which fully fixed my problem and left IVp6 off.