Question About Aorus Engine's OC Mode

JohnnyGui

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2012
I have a 1070 Windforce OC. In Aorus Engine I noticed there's an OC Mode. However I'd like to have a custom fan curve with that mode.

Is it safe to just set the same boost and memory clock in User Mode as shown in the OC Mode without turning up the voltage? Or is OC Mode set with a higher voltage by default?

Lutfij

Titan
By custom fan curve, while on that overclock, do you mean reducing the fan profile for better noise? If so, then no, don't bother. It's best you leave that fan curve alone. Usually more overclocks can and will mean more power is in demand by the overclocked component(s) and effectively they will dump more heat to the system, which is why you need to keep things as cool as possible. Then is the matter about power targets, you will need to perform trial and error runs to see if you can overclock without ramping up voltages. Often times you can, due to silicone lottery and other times, it won't like anything you do to it.

JohnnyGui

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2012
By custom fan curve, while on that overclock, do you mean reducing the fan profile for better noise? If so, then no, don't bother. It's best you leave that fan curve alone. Usually more overclocks can and will mean more power is in demand by the overclocked component(s) and effectively they will dump more heat to the system, which is why you need to keep things as cool as possible. Then is the matter about power targets, you will need to perform trial and error runs to see if you can overclock without ramping up voltages. Often times you can, due to silicone lottery and other times, it won't like anything you do to it.

I actually intended to make the fan curve even a bit stricter to keep the card cooler. But I was wondering whether Aorus Engine's OC Mode has different default voltages like say Gaming Mode by default.

Last edited: