[SOLVED] About Cable Management with my Display?

Thriliya

Reputable
May 29, 2019
Hey there! Today I've built a new rig with Ryzen 5 2600 and Gigabyte RX 580 Gaming 8G. I've a monitor from Samsung SyncMaster S19B150. The thing is I have one DVI-D port and one VGA port in my Monitor, Whereas my CPU and GPU has 1 HDMI + 1 DVI-D port for each. (I mean CPU has 1hdmi+1dvi-d and GPU too has 1hdmi+1dvi-d). So the question is how should I connect my Display with them? Should I also have to Connect my GPU with monitor? Or is it enough to connect with CPU only? Please reply!! I'm stuck there 😔

Solution
Yes, use a SINGLE cable from the monitor to the GPU.
Plugging a cable into the back of the motherboard (by the USB ports and such) won't do anything since your CPU has no graphics. Those ports are on the mobo for other CPUs (with a G suffix)

Thriliya

Reputable
May 29, 2019
Hey there! Today I've built a new rig with Ryzen 5 2600 and Gigabyte RX 580 Gaming 8G. I've a monitor from Samsung SyncMaster S19B150. The thing is I have one DVI-D port and one VGA port in my Monitor, Whereas my CPU and GPU has 1 HDMI + 1 DVI-D port for each. (I mean CPU has 1hdmi+1dvi-d and GPU too has 1hdmi+1dvi-d). So the question is how should I connect my Display with them? Should I also have to Connect my GPU with monitor? Or is it enough to connect with CPU only? Please reply!! I'm stuck there. 😔

Thriliya

Reputable
May 29, 2019
Connect only the GPU to your display, via DVI-D.

There's no analog support in a 580 (for VGA) and there is no integrated graphics on that motherboard or CPU.
My rig is :
Ryzen 5 2600
Gigabyte RX 580
Gigabyte B450M DS3H
Seagate Barracuda 1Tb
Corsair 8gb 3200bus ram.

*So I don't have to connect it from CPU. I should connect my monitor to GPU via DVI-D. ?

Thank you so much ❤️👌

Yes, use a SINGLE cable from the monitor to the GPU.
Plugging a cable into the back of the motherboard (by the USB ports and such) won't do anything since your CPU has no graphics. Those ports are on the mobo for other CPUs (with a G suffix)

Solution