Question About google chorme and google acount viruses and malware

Tamzid Azam

Reputable
Nov 27, 2015
So i have a normal computer with core 2 duo and 3gb ram and windows 7 running on it...it was running totally fine until now. I used the computer for general purposes like surfing the internet with google chrome and making some document files...
Today i was surfing the internet and searching for an application. And downloaded a theme from a https trusted site(i dont remember the name). So as i downloaded the application and ran it...it said that it needs administrative permissions...so as usual i clicked yes (as that was an application which needs administrative permissions to install). Then the application started to intall and i dont know...it installed something like "mail.ru" app and the processor got slow as a snail and the computer opened chrome and mozilla firefox by itself (i've removed every malicious applications) and now if i search something on my google account from any browser (pnly on the computer) it shows me some russian ads

Tamzid Azam

Reputable
Nov 27, 2015
So i have a normal computer with core 2 duo and 3gb ram and windows 7 running on it...it was running totally fine until now. I used the computer for general purposes like surfing the internet with google chrome and making some document files...
Today i was surfing the internet and searching for an application. And downloaded a theme from a https trusted site(i dont remember the name). So as i downloaded the application and ran it...it said that it needs administrative permissions...so as usual i clicked yes (as that was an application which needs administrative permissions to install). Then the application started to intall and i dont know...it installed something like "mail.ru" app and the processor got slow as a snail and the computer opened chrome and mozilla firefox by itself (i've removed every malicious applications) and now if i search something on my google account from any browser (pnly on the computer) it shows me some russian ads

And the first thing that i've tried is to uninstall every extensions and apps of chrome which didn't work and the second thing which i tried is to uninstall the whole chrome browser and to reinstall via mozilla firefox(also affected on google search if logged in to the same account) and the thing which happen is id did'nt work...the chrom standalone and the normal installer both said something like your network administrator doesn't allow group.

Tamzid Azam

Reputable
Nov 27, 2015
Mail.ru is Russian malware for advertisement. Can you use restore application to a date before you downloaded this ? This should remove all the junk files.
And when i had chrome browser (before uninstalling), if i signed out of the my personal google account and tried to search something...it worked just fine but when i tried to sign back in and tried to search something there is 2 or 3 blocks of ads (each block contains 4 ads which just looks like google search link with descriptio)

shknawe

Respectable
Oct 22, 2016
go into control panel, go to remove programs, click on installed on date to bring up most recent program installed. See if you can find anything that looks like ads, adware, THAT WAS INSTALLED THE DAY YOU STARTED HAVING THE PROBLEMS.

Reactions: Tamzid Azam

Tamzid Azam

Reputable
Nov 27, 2015
go into control panel, go to remove programs, click on installed on date to bring up most recent program installed. See if you can find anything that looks like ads, adware, THAT WAS INSTALLED THE DAY YOU STARTED HAVING THE PROBLEMS.
There is no such files or applications installed which are named after mail.ru or installed on feb 19...went to control panel>uninstall a program and looked for the programmes

shknawe

Respectable
Oct 22, 2016
ok in google chrome, go to settings, scroll down to search engines, make sure google is the only thing there. Then go to startup make sure there is only google statup page there. Then go to advanced, privacy and security, go to bottom and clear browsing and cookies. Go to proxy settings, when box pops up go to programs tab, then go to manage add ons and clear out any Russian,adware extensions etc. that you don't recognize. Then go to clean up computer and let it run to see if it finds anything.

p make sure there is only google statup page there. Then go to advanced, privacy and security, go to bottom and clear browsing and cookies. Go to proxy settings, when box pops up go to programs tab, then go to manage add ons and clear out any Russian,adware extensions etc. that you don't recognize. Then go to clean up computer and let it ru
One thing I've noticed, the google chrome is now too heavy and can't load up easy websites like Wikipedia. And it has too much cookies from russian sites...google chrome is eating up 80% of my cpu usage!!!

Did you actually do a system restore to a time before the issues? You replied a bunch of times, but does not seem you ever did this.

If you can't clean out the system in a timely manner, best thing is to just wipe it and install Windows clean on it. Who knows what sort of stuff your system is doing or info it's sending out. Good idea to change your passwords on any online sites as well.

howtobeironic

Honorable
Jun 16, 2018
Still, if you won't clean install, there's these handy tools which can help wipe out adwares:

MalwareBytes ADWCleaner, an effective program that can wipe out adware with precision: https://www.malwarebytes.com/adwcleaner/

MalwareBytes Anti Malware, an on-call scanner which disinfect infected machines: https://www.malwarebytes.com/premium/ (Use the free trial)

Rare case but sometimes viruses lock you out of administration, not allowing you to deploy security solutions, use Rkill to temporarily remove these limits.
https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/rkill/

Don't forget to change your security settings and passwords.