Question About installing a CPU cooler inside my case...

Lytatroan

Commendable
Jan 21, 2021
Hey all, I just got my new Deepcool AK400 CPU cooler to replace my Ryzen 5 3600's stock cooler. Since I have to uninstall my old cooler, the stock backplate will fall off. I was planning on using some sort of tape to hold my backplate in place for when I tilt my case over to install my new cooler. Is it safe to use tape in order to hold my backplate in place? If so, what kind of tape is ok to use?
(note, the new cooler uses the stock backplate that came with my X570 board.)

Hey all, I just got my new Deepcool AK400 CPU cooler to replace my Ryzen 5 3600's stock cooler. Since I have to uninstall my old cooler, the stock backplate will fall off. I was planning on using some sort of tape to hold my backplate in place for when I tilt my case over to install my new cooler. Is it safe to use tape in order to hold my backplate in place? If so, what kind of tape is ok to use?
(note, the new cooler uses the stock backplate that came with my X570 board.)
you do not need the stock backplate and holder if deepcool provide its own bracket, just take it off and install it instead using stock cooler backplate.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
It's easy to install the cooler with the AM4 bracket by just taking the mobo outside the chassis.
I tried to go the lazy route back when building my mother a Ryzen 2600 PC - mobo was already secured in the chassis... it was a pain in the butt.
Probably took longer installing the cooler that way, than taking the mobo out, installing the cooler, and installing it back.

Lytatroan

Commendable
Jan 21, 2021
It's easy to install the cooler with the AM4 bracket by just taking the mobo outside the chassis.
I tried to go the lazy route back when building my mother a Ryzen 2600 PC - mobo was already secured in the chassis... it was a pain in the butt.
Probably took longer installing the cooler that way, than taking the mobo out, installing the cooler, and installing it back.
Yeah I understand, my case has a very large window in the back that has the backplate very visible, so I was thinking of temporarily using tape to hold the backplate in and removing it as soon as I finish installing the new cooler. Sorry if I didn't clarify that

Yeah I understand, my case has a very large window in the back that has the backplate very visible, so I was thinking of temporarily using tape to hold the backplate in and removing it as soon as I finish installing the new cooler. Sorry if I didn't clarify that
I doubt any tape (at least I didn't succeed) would hold back plate good enough to even start screws. I just use a small wooden stick to jam between back plate and metal MB mounting sheet metal.