Question ABOUT SANDISK SSD'S

SanDisk was bought by Western Digital to give them a line of flash storage devices. WD later bought part of Toshiba's flash storage production, so SanDisk now makes their own NAND chips (they used to buy them from other manufacturers before). WD is now the fourth biggest manufacturer of NAND, behind Samsung, Toshiba, and Micron.

In general it's a pretty reliable brand with top-notch service. They have a few product duds, but I appreciate that they never fell into the trap of making the sequential speeds of their USB flash drives faster at the cost of slower 4k speeds (if you've ever tried to copy a folder of MP3s to a flash drive and the expect time to complete the copy is 10 hours, you were bit by a flash manufacturer which did this). They always tried to maintain decent 4k speeds even if it meant they couldn't advertise sequential speeds as fast as their competitors.

But as stated above, it's a fairly mid-grade and unexceptional brand for SSDs. Samsung and Crucial (Micron) are probably the most trustworthy brands, and WD's SSD products (released under the WD name, not SanDisk) are very good as well.

That said, I would return it and spend the few extra bucks to get the 240 GB version. The 120 GB is slower, and you'll quickly run out of space with a modern Windows installation.

Mar 29, 2019
SanDisk was bought by Western Digital to give them a line of flash storage devices. WD later bought part of Toshiba's flash storage production, so SanDisk now makes their own NAND chips (they used to buy them from other manufacturers before). WD is now the fourth biggest manufacturer of NAND, behind Samsung, Toshiba, and Micron.

In general it's a pretty reliable brand with top-notch service. They have a few product duds, but I appreciate that they never fell into the trap of making the sequential speeds of their USB flash drives faster at the cost of slower 4k speeds (if you've ever tried to copy a folder of MP3s to a flash drive and the expect time to complete the copy is 10 hours, you were bit by a flash manufacturer which did this). They always tried to maintain decent 4k speeds even if it meant they couldn't advertise sequential speeds as fast as their competitors.

But as stated above, it's a fairly mid-grade and unexceptional brand for SSDs. Samsung and Crucial (Micron) are probably the most trustworthy brands, and WD's SSD products (released under the WD name, not SanDisk) are very good as well.

That said, I would return it and spend the few extra bucks to get the 240 GB version. The 120 GB is slower, and you'll quickly run out of space with a modern Windows installation.
Dude thank you for the big illustrative answer. I just want to play Escape From Tarkov and it has lots of big loading times. Maybe I'll download few games that takes long loading times.
But some guys saying that "EH ITS F'D UP AFTER 2 WEEKS" so that makes me curious. Idk what to do to be honest