ABOUT TO SCREAM !!! Micro SD card formatting issues

p0rtal

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2012
Ok so, my sandisk 64gb micro sd card decides to stop working, seems like it was fried. So, I bought a generic brand 64gb with excellent reviews from a reputable seller. It arrived, low and behold it actually says its a 64gb card.

I formatted it without an issue and started loading 60gb of music. My god it took 7 hours, it is not supposed to take that long so I knew something was up. I pull the sd out and put it into my Cowon J3 player and it is not recognized. I try other SD cards and they are all working perfectly with this player.

I then noticed that it wrote empty folders....60gb of empty folders!? I've never seen that happen before. No music inside any of the album folders, just the blank file containment folder for each album!

I eject it and I plug it the micro sd back into the pc and it tells me to format it before I can use it. So I do. After its done, it appears as 511mb. After a day of formatting troubles, research and help, I was somehow able to get it back to showing 64gb with the panasonic sd formatter. Now, the same thing happens as when i first attempted to transfer music over, all empty file folders...but it registers as filled to capacity at 62.2 gb. It still does not work with any of my portable devices, cameras or mp3 players.

What the hell? I am about to SCREAM lol. :p Any help on this is GREATLYYYYY appreciated.