Question About trojan.backdoor activity 704

May 15, 2023
I have it on Danish:
I got Norton as antivirus but it just searched for an threat and its trojan.backdoor activity 704.
The message keeps popping up and it says:
threats blocked We have blocked an attack from system infected: trojan.backdoor activity 704. You do not need to worry any further
Should it be scared of it or not? Because i feel very scared and i dont want to lose any stuff

USAFRet

Titan
Multiple things going on here.

"and i dont want to lose any stuff"
That should never be a thing. Your data should be backed up all the time anyway.

"Should it be scared of it or not?"
Well, it originally came from somewhere. Something you did. Is that likely to happen again?

May 15, 2023
Multiple things going on here.

"and i dont want to lose any stuff"
That should never be a thing. Your data should be backed up all the time anyway.

"Should it be scared of it or not?"
Well, it originally came from somewhere. Something you did. Is that likely to happen again?
I think it opened up a ad and i clicked to fast maybe downloaded something:/ But what can i do?

May 15, 2023
How much do you trust Norton to have gotten rid of all of it?

I know what I would do....go back in time, and recover the full drive Image made before that happened.
But I'm guessing you don't have that.
No..its a new pc im still setting up things so i dont have a backup, and im scared to do a restoration, bc its not me that has the BitLocker Recovery Key?
Or can i restoration without it like full reinstall windows without it?

USAFRet

Titan
No..its a new pc im still setting up things so i dont have a backup, and im scared to do a restoration, bc its not me that has the BitLocker Recovery Key?
Or can i restoration without it like full reinstall windows without it?
If a new C, just do a full wipe and reinstall. Rid yourself of all worry.

Why don't you have the BL key? Who does?

sitehostplus

Honorable
Jan 6, 2018
I have it on Danish:
I got Norton as antivirus but it just searched for an threat and its trojan.backdoor activity 704.
The message keeps popping up and it says:
threats blocked We have blocked an attack from system infected: trojan.backdoor activity 704. You do not need to worry any further
Should it be scared of it or not? Because i feel very scared and i dont want to lose any stuff
That is just Norton doing it's job. You went to a site infected with malware (probably from a mis mouse on a scam email), and Norton is telling you it blocked an attack.

If you're worried, get a friend's computer, download a bootable antivirus rescue utility to a memory stick, then put that in your computer and boot off of it and scan for viruses and malware.

TRENDING THREADS