Question ac1300 usb adapter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smoker_2

Honorable
Apr 5, 2017
i purchase this from amazon but it comes with a CD but I don't have a cd drive now days here is what i have
1300M WIFI Adapter for Desktop PC, ALINKVITE 2×5dBi Antenna Mini USB WIFI Adapter, USB 3 WIFI Dongle,

Buy cant find the driver online its a ac1300 5g wifi from dongle in it don't have model number on the item or box

Lutfij

Titan
You can do one of two things. Either;
1| You can source an ODD to read off the disc provided
or
2| Return the item and pick up a dongle like that made by TP-Link, D-Link, Asus or Netgear who actually have a site off which you can download the drivers off of.

When you do the latter, please search of the device has a drivers download site prior to purchasing the device.

This is why you do not buy unkown brands. They are cheap because there is no support. That is what makes asus, tplink etc expensive because they have web sites and actual people you can email support questions.

These are all manufactured by some company in china that will slap whoever pays the bills name on the product and ship them directly to amazon or ebay warehouses. You do not even have to have a clue what the product does you are selling.

What might work is to plug it in and then go look at the network devices screen. Many times it will give you the name of the chipset used. Most these type of devices are using realtek chipset but there are multiple so you need the part number. Once you get that you can get the driver from realtek directly.

Status
Not open for further replies.