Question AC97 front audio does not work

Jul 16, 2022
I have a Gigabyte GA-H61M-DS2 REV 1.0 and a REV 2.1 and I can't use AC97 front audio in any of them. In the manual it says it works, but I didn't find any settings in the BIOS or driver.

I have an Asus motherboard with the same chipset, which in the bios I can configure the front AC97.

Gigabyte boards don't work AC97 even though they say so in the manual? How to make?

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
To what end? Using AC97 for the last 15 years or so only make sense if you have a very specific reason to use it instead of HD Audio. It's possible that Gigabyte motherboard requires a jumper to use AC97, but it's been so long since I've even touched it that my specific knowledge is rusty.

Jul 16, 2022
I'm recovering some electronic waste cabinets, 3rd and 4th generation i3 and i5 processors, where I worked, that work very well, for donation or token sale.

These 3rd generation LGA1155 connector board cases do not have front audio connectors. I managed to adapt some front audio cards, which worked very well on the Asus card on which I prepared a good work/study bag for myself (I5 3470S, 12GB Ram 1600MHz, SSD Sata 3 256GB, 1.5TB HD and GTX750Ti, all discarded ), but I'm not getting success on Gigabyte. I tried to make the jumpers to make the AC97 connector work as HD audio, but it didn't work. I made this attempt before researching the subject further, I will try again soon as soon as I go on vacation from college.

I would like to make it work without the need to buy anything, currently things are not worth the price where I live and I don't have time to look for an electronic disposal that works, I've never done this before.

Through the attached links I will try to remake the connector jumpers again. Double connector and Intel pinout