Access/map a shared drive on another network within the same school

Oct 8, 2018
Hi,

I need to get a teacher's laptop (curriculum) to access a shared drive that is on the admin network.

We have a laptop, connected to the wireless. This is connected to the curriculum network (12.34.87.50) - I've just made these numbers up, and i want to access a shared drive which is on the other server which is 12.34.88.20). two different IP addresses on two different ranges.

As it is a restricted network user, how can i get them/set up so they can access a drive from the other network?

The school uses one router, but two different switches, so one for curriculum and one for admin. (i think this is correct).

I tried to set up a shortcut and access it through the IP address but it stops me. I can however do it on the local administrators account.

Would creating a new batch file help and use the formula;

net use s: \\12.34.88.20\adminshare

Please could you help me.

Thanks

This is a ask the IT person who set up the network. There are a couple way to prevent access and if they are smart it is impossible for a end user to bypass this. If it is possible at all some in the IT group would likely have to make some form of rule allowing it.

If bypassing security was just as simple as asking someone on the internet how to bypass it there would not be much security.

IT people who actually know their job know how to use the tools to secure networks. In most cases they can explain in detail how they did it and you still can't bypass it.