Question Access Printer Server on Nokia ONT XS-2426G-A Router

Witterings

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2016
In the past I've used the print server on an Asus router for a USB printer and it's worked / shared perfectly. I've recently switched to fibre broadband with the new Nokia router and can't get the printer to work / see it.
With the Asus I'd go into Add printer, when it can't find device gone into add manually, entered the router's IP and switched it to LPR rather than RAW and it's worked, I currently have the Asus piggy backing into the Nokia with the same fixed IP and DHCP turned off and it still works but doesn't seem reliable and if I can I'd rather take it out of the chain.

I've copied a link with the only part in the Nokia manual that tells you anything abiout how it shold be set up and a screenshot of the router's config, I've tried setting it up both leaving it as RAW and changing it to LPR the same as the Asus.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1IRbryWyUaGyo8QlVk76D-o1tG5vi6RSV?usp=sharing

I don't know if it's because there's no way to enter a username and password into the printers driver that it can't access it but any help greatly appreciated.

PS: Is there a way to attach files to posts does anyone know?

kanewolf

Titan
In the past I've used the print server on an Asus router for a USB printer and it's worked / shared perfectly. I've recently switched to fibre broadband with the new Nokia router and can't get the printer to work / see it.
With the Asus I'd go into Add printer, when it can't find device gone into add manually, entered the router's IP and switched it to LPR rather than RAW and it's worked, I currently have the Asus piggy backing into the Nokia with the same fixed IP and DHCP turned off and it still works but doesn't seem reliable and if I can I'd rather take it out of the chain.

I've copied a link with the only part in the Nokia manual that tells you anything abiout how it shold be set up and a screenshot of the router's config, I've tried setting it up both leaving it as RAW and changing it to LPR the same as the Asus.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1IRbryWyUaGyo8QlVk76D-o1tG5vi6RSV?usp=sharing

I don't know if it's because there's no way to enter a username and password into the printers driver that it can't access it but any help greatly appreciated.

PS: Is there a way to attach files to posts does anyone know?
Does the printer show up in the table under the USB page in the router ?
Do you have "Enable printer sharing" checked?

Witterings

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2016
Does the printer show up in the table under the USB page in the router ?
Do you have "Enable printer sharing" checked?

Yes to both, it lists the printer as Printer1 with the correct make / model and the format as RAW.
The instructions also say you have to enable and give the SFTP server a user name / password and use the same username / passord in the enable printer section.

kanewolf

Titan
Yes to both, it lists the printer as Printer1 with the correct make / model and the format as RAW.
The instructions also say you have to enable and give the SFTP server a user name / password and use the same username / passord in the enable printer section.
That doesn't make sense to me for a printer. SFTP has nothing to do with printing.
I would check that you have your network set as private rather than public. That could prevent discovering the printer.

Witterings

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2016
That doesn't make sense to me for a printer. SFTP has nothing to do with printing.
I would check that you have your network set as private rather than public. That could prevent discovering the printer.

Yes, I've done that as well and that network discovery's on .... I'm guessing if that was the problem it wouldn't work wth the Asus router.
I'm guessing the Nokia routers are fairly new as there's very little information on them / others having the same issue.

Latest posts