CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 12-Core
RAM: 8GBX4 DDR4 G SKILL F4-3600MHz 18CL
XMP: 1.35V
CLK: 1801.8MHz
Timings: 18-22-22-42
MOBO: MPG X570 GAMINGPLUS
STORAGE: Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB
Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB (OS)

I've been having this consistent crash on multiple AAA games since getting my new Gigabyte RTX 3080 a few months ago. I received a similar crash when playing through Deathloop at random intervals, and after doing much research and trying many fixes, I could not get it to cease. So I powered through and finished the game while it crashed and reset my progress of whatever day I was on every 10mins, to 2 hours.

Since then, I've been playing less resource intensive games just fine, Overwatch 2 with some minor crashes very occasionally.

Recently I have decided to finally play Death Stranding, and am experiencing an eerily same issue as I had with Deathloop. An Access Violation crash. Here is a screen cap of the crash dialogue.

I am usually pretty good at fixing things like this myself, but I'm stumped, google has proven useless and the fixes that it does suggest have not worked, was hoping someone could lend me a hand at trying to remedy this issue.

Not really up for powering through random crashes while trying to finish a game of this calibre.

Last edited:
Solution
that picture shows that your GPU crashed - device removed/access violation

DDU your drivers , then install new
make sure that GPU sits properly in PCIE slot, also make sure that PCIE power cables are connected properly, also try to use separate power cables rather than daisy chained

try running game with bios default values (clear CMOS)
that picture shows that your GPU crashed - device removed/access violation

DDU your drivers , then install new
make sure that GPU sits properly in PCIE slot, also make sure that PCIE power cables are connected properly, also try to use separate power cables rather than daisy chained

try running game with bios default values (clear CMOS)

Solution
Nov 12, 2022
Yeahh. I thought reseating it might be something I had to do, was really hoping there was any other way.
|
|
|
After reseating the GPU and resetting the CMOS, game runs fine with zero crashes, thank you very much. I had a hunch the GPU wasn't seated properly, but didn't want to believe it.