Accidentally formatted SSD during OS installation

zeroghost26

Reputable
Aug 2, 2014
hello, i seem to be invquite a pickle and id like ot know if i can fix this problem. When i wanted to install the OS on my new computer, i tried to format the SSD that had a different OS on it and it ended up not letting me install anything at all, i believe that wiping it mightve made it useless. I wanted to make an HDD + SSD combo, so i dont want to install it on the harddrive, since i only have so many keys i can use. is there any way to fix the SSD?

legion_of_cheese

Reputable
Sep 15, 2014
Hello, sorry to ask more questions that actually answering but:
Which OS were you installing?
If you were installing windows 7, were you perchance installing it with an USB?
Wiping an SSD or formatting shouldn't affect it unless you wrote zero's all over the SSD. A simple format or delete while installing a windows [which I presume you were installing] wouldn't render your SSD useless.

zeroghost26

Reputable
Aug 2, 2014
I was installing Windows 7 Home Basic with an external CD player (couldn't afford a built-in one) but sometimes it would stop reading the CD and all that, i can try and post the error message i get if that helps at all
Edit: Right now im having trouble with the CD player, it wont read it properly and say the BOOTMSG is missing, ill give you the actual error message asap