[SOLVED] Accidentally muddled the power switch connector with its LED connector,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 14, 2019
I have had my computer about 4 years now and have been messing about with it a lot, and today I was removing the speaker connector from the motherboard (Asus B150-PRO D3), being an eejit and having rather fat fingers I accidentally pulled out 2 small connectors along with the 4 pin speaker connector, didn't think much of it as I was pretty sure where they came from and so I plugged them back in. However I didn't double check that these were in the right place. Once I plugged the power cable back in I found it wouldn't start up. I disconnected the connectors and on reviewing the motherboards manual discovered the connectors being the power switch and its LED had been switched around when I put them back in, after putting them back in properly in a desperate but ultimately pointless effort, the computer still wouldn't power up, meaning the PC I spent many long weekends of my childhood at a garage for has now become a box of scrap.

Could anyone explain the extent of the damage caused by doing this and how it can be fixed or more likely what needs to be replaced (and before you say it, can we skip the "your an idiot" part).

Status
Not open for further replies.