Question Accidently plugged HDMI from PS4 into my PC GPU GTX660. Have display but card crashes in game even on low settings.

May 20, 2020
While doing a game update. I had my PC next to a PS4 console and was sharing a single monitor between the two. Unplugging the HDMI from the PS4 and into the PC GPU just to see how far the update was. At one point I stupidly unplugged the HDMI from the monitor and plugged it into my PC GPU while the other end was still plugged into the PS4.

I realized after a few seconds and corrected the HDMI. My PC didn't turn off and the display seemed fine. When I tried to game it would crash. On all games, Intensive and Non, High settings or Low. Please help! TIA

HAVE I FRIED MY CARD? Did DDU and reinstalled Drivers. GPU is clean as a whistle.

ScyberMhaster

Distinguished
May 22, 2015
While doing a game update. I had my PC next to a PS4 console and was sharing a single monitor between the two. Unplugging the HDMI from the PS4 and into the PC GPU just to see how far the update was. At one point I stupidly unplugged the HDMI from the monitor and plugged it into my PC GPU while the other end was still plugged into the PS4.

I realized after a few seconds and corrected the HDMI. My PC didn't turn off and the display seemed fine. When I tried to game it would crash. On all games, Intensive and Non, High settings or Low. Please help! TIA

HAVE I FRIED MY CARD? Did DDU and reinstalled Drivers. GPU is clean as a whistle.

Just a clarification, after using DDU and reinstalled appropriate drivers, everything worked well? If so, it doesn't damage anything.

May 20, 2020
have you tried pulling the gpu out the system leaving it and then re installing it, ive found that works sometimes. did you have your ps4 on when you plugged it it?
Yes I used integrated graphics for 2 months during lockdown as I had pretty much given up on the GPU. The card was a paperweight for those two months straight. Recleaned before reinstalling and same issue persists. Crashes in game under any load after a few minutes depending on intensity.

May 15, 2020
Yes I used integrated graphics for 2 months during lockdown as I had pretty much given up on the GPU. The card was a paperweight for those two months straight. Recleaned before reinstalling and same issue persists. Crashes in game under any load after a few minutes depending on intensity.
based on what you have done eg reinstalled new drivers i think the card may just stay a paper weight if the ps4 was on it could of fried the hdmi port on the card and as my understanding it dose not have a second, i would try and get a 19 pin dp as 20 pins can have problems (no no-name brands) if the card has dp otherwise i think you might have a vintage paper weight on your desk. i hope anything in this helps

May 20, 2020
based on what you have done eg reinstalled new drivers i think the card may just stay a paper weight if the ps4 was on it could of fried the hdmi port on the card and as my understanding it dose not have a second, i would try and get a 19 pin dp as 20 pins can have problems (no no-name brands) if the card has dp otherwise i think you might have a vintage paper weight on your desk. i hope anything in this helps
Sorry yes the PS4 was on when i plugged it's HDMI into my PC's GPU. It is just weird that it would display and run as normal. I can watch 1080p on Youtube all day but can't play a MOBA on low graphics for more than 10min before complete system reboot. There is no second HDMI on my Gigabyte GV-N6600c-2GD (GTX660)

The card has DP but i have no access to a monitor with DP.

May 15, 2020
Sorry yes the PS4 was on when i plugged it's HDMI into my PC's GPU. It is just weird that it would display and run as normal. I can watch 1080p on Youtube all day but can't play a MOBA on low graphics for more than 10min before complete system reboot. There is no second HDMI on my Gigabyte GV-N6600c-2GD (GTX660)

The card has DP but i have no access to a monitor with DP.
you might be able to get a dp to hdmi but with what your saying about how you can not game you could of damaged it in a way that its only useful as a display adaptor