According To CPU-Z my third core is reaching 85c is this terrible?

indianajune1

Reputable
Jul 31, 2018
Hey , I thanks in advance for any help and sorry I’m really new to pc. I have a pre built ibuypower gaming pc with an non overclocked i7700k and a Deepcool GAMMAXX 300 R. When I’m done playing games I’ll notice on cpu-z that my max temp of my third core will be 85c ! With some of the others reaching 80c sometimes. My idle temps are 25-35 and when I bother to look while gaming there usually 65-75. I have read mixed reports , Intel says anything under 100c is fine and the average gaming site says it’s way to high to be not overclocked. How concerned Should I be about this ??? Thanks !

Solution

....and being they are max...as you said....they probably only spike there for a little while....bus as gasaraki said...it doesn't matter.....and he's right.

That being said...I don't think I would go the warranty route. I think there are too many risks like shipping and that they might not fix the problem or cause another problem etc.

I would either leave it be....or if it bothered be I would put another cooler on.

The thing is....it...
I think its a bad thermal paste under ihs (on cpu steel plate where says name, under that is thermal compund by intel, which dries overtime, thats why you see bad temps), fixing that is doing delliding,

Have you tried spreading thermal paste across whole cpu?

Before doing delliding, wait for other suggestions.

Well....I think it's a little on the warm side if it's not OCd....but nothing major.

....and correct....the Intel spec is 100C.

As far as hurting anything.....I don't think you will hurt anything.

Although, I would imagine if you put a better cooler on there you could get the temp down some if that's what you want to do. That's what I'd probably do.

indianajune1

Reputable
Jul 31, 2018
I’ve only had it since Christmas and it’s still under warranty ( with a three year extended) so I have not added thermal paste ( I’d have to learn tbh ) same with adding a new cooler I’d like too if it doesn’t void it

indianajune1

Reputable
Jul 31, 2018
. . . Like I said too, these are the “ max “ temps according to cpu-z. I do t think it stays there for long before being cooled back Down (or maybe but hopefully not down throttling ) but if this is abnormal I’d like to do something about it now while it’s under the one year company warranty

....and being they are max...as you said....they probably only spike there for a little while....bus as gasaraki said...it doesn't matter.....and he's right.

That being said...I don't think I would go the warranty route. I think there are too many risks like shipping and that they might not fix the problem or cause another problem etc.

I would either leave it be....or if it bothered be I would put another cooler on.

The thing is....it probably wouldn't bother me....as 85C is not a bad max temp.

Solution