[SOLVED] Accounts being Disabled / Printer Issues

Drew125

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2014
I have a shared USB printer set up from my pc. I created an account named Print some time ago. It seems after a few months that account gets shut down. Im the only one using my pc, its not on a domain. Are Microsoft updates disabling the account? Also the printer share is broken as of 10-24-21. I am able to use the print account to connect, after enabling it, but any attempt to connect to the printer gives an error "The credentials provided don't have sufficient access to the shared printer" and an error message about conflicting credentials. I get theses errors on multiple windows 10 pcs. This setup worked a month ago. Ive tried enabling the Admin account and connecting same error.

I also shared the printer from another windows 10 pc i have. From my windows 10 test machine I tried to connect, it gave the same error. So im thinking its a Microsoft eff up.

Does any one have any ideas?

To clear up some confusion. there are 3 pc involved here
  1. Test windows 10 pc
  2. My pc where the printer is
  3. Our dining room pc

from the win 10 test pc to the dining room pc (win 10) same error
From the dining room pc to my pc same issue

My Pc Specs:
Intel I7 6700K
32 GB Ram
Windows 10 21H1
All Updates installed.
Nvidia 3060 TI.

Last edited:
Solution
"Print" probably is reserved name. You should not make accounts with reserved names.

BTW - account passwords can expire. Unless you check "Password never expires" checkbox.

password-never-expires.JPG

Ralston18

Titan
Updates would not be disabling the accounts unless there was some bug or perhaps a corrupted file being involved.

Do I understand correctly that you moved the shared USB printer from one Windows 10 pc to another Windows 10 pc?

Are any of the "multiple windows 10 pcs" able to print correctly or as expected?

If so, compare the permissions granted to that pc to the permissions now granted to the pcs that are unable to print.

Drew125

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2014
I did not move the printer give the problem to another pc no. I shared another printer from another windows 10 pc and got the same issue. I basically took my pc out of the loop. From my test windows 10 computer to another pc(not my normal share pc) same issue. As far as the accounts being disabled im clueless. I dont go in there except to turn it back on.

Drew125

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2014
Updates would not be disabling the accounts unless there was some bug or perhaps a corrupted file being involved.

Do I understand correctly that you moved the shared USB printer from one Windows 10 pc to another Windows 10 pc?

Are any of the "multiple windows 10 pcs" able to print correctly or as expected?

If so, compare the permissions granted to that pc to the permissions now granted to the pcs that are unable to print.
I updated the description above. i hope that clarifies the issue.