News Acer’s First GPU is an Intel Arc A770 With Two Different Types of Fans

rluker5

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2014
It's creative, but I don't like it. The blower is in the wrong spot to get the most out of it. Will probably still work well enough for this card but is a bit wasteful.
A better design would be some coldplate (to add in vrm,vram) with cpu cooler mount compatibility with an AIO attached. With the cpu cooler mount compatibility you could do a lot of customization. They could still have the fan on the back if they wanted. It could be even better if the card came with standard plugs for pump and fan.

Jul 7, 2022
Wow $329 for a 406mm2 die size on TSMC 6nm, I don’t see how there is any profit in that from an Intel/AIB standpoint. AIB’s are saying they are getting about 20% margins at $470 msrp on the AMD RX 6700 XT with 335mm2 die on cheaper 7nm process with cheaper 192-bit memory bus.

IDK if it’s intel’s intent here, but I thank them for sacrificing profits and margins on their first gen gpu products just to get their foot in the door and end the duopoly.

Pollopesca

Reputable
Mar 19, 2021
One of the drawbacks to a blower design is they tend to be on the lauder side. Curious if this hybrid setup would mitigate that, especially in a mini-ITX setup. Depending on how benchmarks look after launch I might actually pick one of these up and find out.

RichardtST

Notable
May 17, 2022
Ooooo.... so shiny any cool! Imma have to get me one to test with.... Yeah... to test with. That's my excuse. I will test with it... something....

Exploding PSU

Honorable
Jul 17, 2018
This gave me a strong Mandela effect feeling. I could've sworn a prominent manufacturer like Acer would already have their own line of GPUs, especially with the fact they do have the gaming-oriented Predator sub-brand. I couldn't believe they've only jumped into the GPU market this recently.

On a more serious note, I really like the design. Now that's unique