Acer 8.1-inch Windows 8 Pro Tablet Shows Up on Amazon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wamphryi

Distinguished
I run Win 8 on the desktop and it has proven to be an OK OS. Thus encouraged I tried out a Lenovo tablet running Win 8 Pro and found the experience was not what I had hoped for. It was a case of trying to run an OS I currently run on 3 27 inch monitors on a 7 inch tablet. The Zoom features were incredibly poor and the text was difficult to read (hardware issue imho). I tried Win 8 on an Ultra Book and that was much better. The OS was manageable and for the first time in a while I found myself using Explorer over Chrome.

Jan 5, 2013
I don't understand why a company would release new products right now when there are new CPU's being released very shortly that will dramatically change tablets (in the efficiency and speed departments)

jkflipflop98

Distinguished
Because these products have been in the pipeline for a year at this point. They've already spent the time and manpower designing everything needed to mass produce these units, may as well get what return out of it you can before the new hardware wave comes in.

Depending on the inventory volume of clovertrail chips left an intel, Acer may also have gotten a discount on them. that said, that chip is really not capable of offering a smooth user experience for Windows 8 pro, and having only 32GB of harddrive space only makes it worse

Well, at least something is coming to market.

It's not less than $300, it's Clover Trail, and I suspect Intel, PowerVR, MS and Acer will argue over updates when things go wacky, but ... it's a start.

I'd prefer to wait for a Temash APU with a nice dock, but I'm only a consumer held hostage by uninspiring junk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS