Acer aspire 5551 processors

janchuks

Prominent
Oct 5, 2017
Hello.
I want to upgrade acer aspire 5551 processor. Still old, but with AMD Athlon™ II dual-core processor P320/N330 (1 MB L2 cache, 2.10/2.30 GHz, 1066 MHz FSB, 25/35 W) I see few lags and glitch. Will change to SDD and upgrade RAM to 8GB anyway. Is there any compatible processor? I saw that there are few upgrades, but those news are old...

Solution
It is a socketed motherboard, so the CPU is replaceable. Not really any definite resource for compatible CPUs, if you see sales information from when it was released then it is possible those will work. Though it does look like more than one motherboard was made for that chassis, so there is no guarantee.

But really, I wouldn't put money into it. Better off saving a little bit and buying a new off the shelf laptop.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
It is a socketed motherboard, so the CPU is replaceable. Not really any definite resource for compatible CPUs, if you see sales information from when it was released then it is possible those will work. Though it does look like more than one motherboard was made for that chassis, so there is no guarantee.

But really, I wouldn't put money into it. Better off saving a little bit and buying a new off the shelf laptop.

Solution